Part 3

When Drea answered his plead with a sweet smile, he  can say that that's the closest thing he had to an acceptance.

Jared had a tough life. Aside from his mother, no one saw him past his mistakes, past his flaws. Actually, he's not even noticed by much. But then there's Drea, opening her arms and welcoming him to her world.

Osaka is a beautiful place. People are nice and warm despite the winter cold, they're very much into technology, and his hotel room proves all that. 

"Welcome to Japan," Drea smiles when they got to his room. "Now you take your rest, have some time in the jacuzzi, and tomorrow I'll fetch you for breakfast. Is that good?" 

He is still trying to absorb all of this that's why he can't answer anything better than an awkward nod. First, she bumps to him at the airport, saves his luggage from a stranger, accompanied him to this hotel, and they're having breakfast together now? Does she know all of this? Is she spying at him, too?

Unbeknownst to him, he's staring at her unconsciously. Drea laughed it off.

"You look tired. Go get some rest now," she tapped his arm then turned around where the open door awaits for her to come out.

"Thank you," he uttered shyly. Therr was a blush of red across his cheeks that he didn't like. 

She just waved goodbye and closed the door behind her. When she was finally gone, Jared removed his beanie, revealing that not-so-goo-looking head of his. Suddenly, he became conscious. If he will be with her tomorrow, alone, he should be wearing something to cover it up because she would sure tease him about it. 

He's got no idea as to.where she's staying the night, he should be worried, but since she's a local here he assumes she's got a house or at least a staying area. So instead of thinking about it, he just did what she told him to do-- get some rest, have some time in the jacuzzi. 

The night was fine.

"Yo Jared, you in there?" 

It was the first knock on his door the other day. He's thankful to have woken up an hour prior just to get ready for the day. If not, Drea's loud voice would've been his alarm clock and she would see him in his jammies. He's not comfortable around her when he's not wearing office clothes.

Today, he wore a simple white hoodie. Not much for fashion but this is the first time in years that he was so conscious about grooming himself. He spent time in front of the mirror and he doesn't usually do that. Honestly, though, why is he treating this out-with-Drea thing like a date?

He walked to his door and opened it to find Drea standing five inches away. There was already a smile on her face when the first thing she did was check him out. 

To his surprise, she's wearing almost exactly the same clothes he is. White hoodie, jeans, a black little bag. Everything was the same except that the hood of his jacket is up his head. 

Drea's brows creased. "What's with the hood?" She tiptoed to remove the thing on his head but he was quick to step back so she won't reach it. 

"Don't mind it, let's just go." 

They stayed walking but the woman won't stop teasing him. She would jump as they walk just to reach his head and that's annoying him.

"Jared, that haircut is trendy here, don't worry." She laughed but he wasn't convinced to put the hood down. he still had to stare at her eyes for a couple seconds to confirm before he sulked at wearing it off.

Her playful smile lit up the alley they were at. Spending the morning, they headed to a restaurant that served the best Japanese cuisine in town. Drea even bragged about it.