Part 35

It was rude to disappear just like that, but she's too weary. She's exhausted, confused, all the different feelings at once. All because of him.

"Do you know what she told me?"

She tried to smirk. "What?"

"That you've found a good man," Daphne continued brushing her hair afterwards.

Apparently, her mom wanted to slap Juliet earlier. If she weren't handcuffed, she wouldn't have let her pass. She killed her husband because he cheated with an 828-obsessed woman, that's why he forced the tailfin in his possession to give it to his mistress. However hard she tries to keep herself young and beautiful, his husband still thirsted for more. For someone who's not her.

But when she saw Jared cleaning her wounds and very carefully cupping her face, she told Daphne that her daughter has found a good man. Only to find out that they aren't real. Her mom even wanted to invite the two of them in the renewal of vows, where she will be laying the piano for walking down the aisle. They wanted to see Jared perform since they already heard his voice when he sang on stage but she had to explain the truth that he's not her fiancè and what they did... they did for the case.

Drea is at her room inside her house, with her mom and dad on the bed... just like when she was little. They're surrounding her. Daphne is behind her, leaning on the headboard as she brushed her hair. Leo is right beside her, holding her wounded hand while gazing at her with pride in their eyes. Making her feel as if she's the most beautiful and strong warrior there ever was.

They've spent a good amount of time here, wanting to be with her and hear her stories. Earlier, she explained everything to them. She told them the truth... that Jared is just another character to the play and all of what transpired shouldn't be treated seriously. She was right about them not minding the fraud, what's important for her parents is her safety. They almost scolded her hard not until they realized how brave of a hero she is for taking the risk of staying beside a murderer for how many days and now, she's got wounds and bruises and blisters to prove that.

This has been stressing. She basically said that she's getting married to someone else but because of all that has happened today, they didn't yet ask. She wasn't ready. And she is obviously tired. 

"What's this for?" Her mom asked the decorated corner of her wide space. It was the bed area for Jimmy that she and Jared prepared yesterday. 

"I adopted a puppy," she answered lifelessly.

"Oh? Where?" Daphne squealed.

"It's still in the vet, prematurely born."

While they were heading to the doors of her house, his dad keeps running his eyes all over the place, observing it. He's saying that everything's well put and the objects are exactly where they're supposed to be, but he also kept saying that this house is too big for only one to live in.

She feels guilty for not letting them know first-hand, but it's still her dad's fault for building her a house for a surprise gift. She's supposed to put a family in here, kids, a husband, a few pets, cars and bicycles, but she's gonna be living here alone for not long now.

"Are you gonna be alright, sweetheart?" Leo asked when they're separated by the threshold already. She nodded, looking so tired.

"Are you sure? What about your hand? You're injured. Do you want me to send a nurse--"

"I'm okay, mom. I can treat it by myself." She smiled. There was nothing they can do so they just left in peace, hoping that she really will be fine.