Part 26

They're gathered around a circular table and Drea's heart won't stop racing. If it wasn't for Jared's arm she's squeezing, she would've passed out.

After the stakeout or whatever it's called that happened earlier and the call to Michaela, she and Jared set up an appointment with the Stone's. An urgent one at that. He really kept his promise that whatever it is they need to do, they do it together.

"How are we sure that the major won't know of this now?" Robert Vance inquired, his voice is somehow terrifying, but Jared seems to be used with that.

Jared gave an insulting smirk. "She figured out where the fin is and it's still there. Mind you she also risked her life in the arms of a murderer last nigh and here you are still doubting her."

"Yeah, we get that, but what if this is a bait?" Ben insisted and that got all of their eyes on him. "Jared, we told you not to trust her, right?"

This feels terrible that they're talking about her as if she's not there. This is not how she imagined things would go, she would've spoken up the truth earlier but the fact that telling it to Jared is the first time she ever said it to someone is pressuring her. He believed in her and understood her right after spitting out that unbelievable fact and she doesn't know if these people will react the same.

But she will tell it eventually so she better be brave. With that, she gathered deep breaths, preparing to say the whole reason why she was caught talking with Kathryn. Her tongue was just about to run but then someone appeared from the open door of the garage.

"You can trust her."

Cal Stone walked towards them, but he was aiming for one in particular; Jared. 

"I told you, you can trust her." He smiles at Jared.

Drea narrowed her eyes on every person here and everyone is just as clueless as her, having the same expression on their faces, except for Jared. He was beaming confusion when all of them are clueless.

"That's what you meant?" Jared asked Cal, who now stands at his very front, with a smile on his face and a small nod. The little boy looks at his father.

"You can trust her, dad. She's not a bad guy." His voice was filled with assurance. Ben worriedly walks to him and kneels to talk face to face.

"Cal, you knew about this?" Ben asks and Cal nods, looking at everyone.

Now everyone's faces are getting calmer by the second, all of them approaching Cal. And here she is, the only one who doesn't know a thing. She can only look at Jared who looks amused and happy at the same time. He looked at her and smiled, but she still didn't understand.

From her back, Michaela stepped in front of all them, locking eyes with her nephew.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner, buddy?" 

Cal breathed out carefully while putting his hands in front of him. When he walked in, he's holding something behind and now they see what it is. A folded page from his sketchpad which he unfolded in front of them.

She herself felt her breathing stop when she got to see what was drawn there. She even looked at herself and Jared. The clothes they're wearing at the moment are what they wore earlier when they snuck inside Juliet's house, and though it was a crayon drawing, she's certain that it's her. Her and Jared, standing in front of the fin.

Just like what Michaela saw...

Mick carefully takes the drawing from him to examine it better. "The vision... you got it too." She stared at Cal. "But why didn't you say anything?"