Part 11

About twenty police officers scattered around the perimeter of the crime scene where Jared called them. 

Drea remembers this place. This is where her biological mother would meet her when she wants to see her daughter. Like a secret meeting place they'd be before hopping up the boat and going for the day.

It's a four-story warehouse for shipping containers of Mason Shipping Lines.

And this is where Garrett Mason's corpse was found.

"What happened here?" Michaela asked detective Sanders who stood beside the corpse itself while Drea roamed her eyes around the place, searching for Jared.

She found Jared standing at one corner, reading a file in the dark. He looks serious, as usual, but now it feels like he's more determined.

"Hey," she greets as she approached him. Jared put his sight to her and paused on reading whatever it is he's reading. Drea peeped on that thing. "What's that?"

"It's your file," he says and tnen looks around. "Is Mick here?"

"Yeah, there." She then looks at Mick who's circling around the corpse. Jared nods and puts his eyes back to Drea who's now reading the file in his hands. He had encircled important details about their guy and made notes about the initial checkup, that's what Drea examines.

"He was shot in the head and stabbed multiple times?" Her eyes bugged out. "Wow, very passionate."

Jared nodded but there was a little bit of disagreement in it. "The stabs, yes. But the gunshot, I don't think so," he says, transferring his gaze from the paper to Drea. "The bullet was shot vertically. It came from up there, that's where the gunpowder is detected." he pointed up, where another group of investigators are checking. Drea's eyes followed to where he's pointing.

"So if the gun was fired from up there and he was killed... who would stab him twenty-three times after?"

"And that's not the only view were looking at. Both weapons are gone. Also, no fingerprints on his shirt. As if he was never touched."

With his statement, Drea had her thumb over her lips. Alternating between biting it and tapping on it. This case is mind-boggling. And although it's not hers nor Mick's, the possibility of this guy being the one who got the fin is increasing. First, he's one of the people in her list, he's an owner of a shipping company and that makes him capable of sneaking the fin from coast to coast, and now he's found dead, in a place where containers with the possibility of having the fin inside one of them are.

Drea looked around and then back to Jared, whispering.

"Do you think the fin could be inside of one of these containers?"

"Probably. Yes, if he's our guy."

"Yeah, right. What's the motive? Why is he killed?"

Jared squinted. "Still working on that but the possibilities are endless. He owns a conglomerate so maybe it's about business, but our guy is also big in gambling and he recently played with Alessandro Vittori."

"Vittori as in the Sicilian mafia guy?"

"Yup."

"And Mason won?"

"Yes he did."

With this, a confused sigh escaped Drea's lips. Vittori should be the main person of interest since he runs a mafia, however, if Mason holds the fin and Vittori doesn't have an interest in it, it should be here in the warehouse.