Part 12

Drea picked out her most wholesome black dress. Everything in her closet doesn't show too much skin, of course. But she chose the most unrevealing and appropriate for a funeral.

Today is Garrett Mason's funeral, the closest she can have to an interrogative talk with Juliet Mason, the wife, who is unexpectedly one of her mom's closest friends at Wall Street. When she was little, that woman would always take her to trips out of town, buy her the most expensive of clothes, treat her like a doll because according to her she looks like one. Juliet always favored her as a kid and even at high school, even when she showered Patrick with punch during prom night. 

That wasn't to be blamed to her, though. She didn't know back then that Patrick was Juliet's son and she didn't know about the shipping company background of the two. All she ever knew was Juliet is her mom's friend that loved her as a daughter and now look at where fate took them both.

She's looking at herself in the mirror right now while she brushed her wavy hair to the side of her neck. While doing that, she remembered Jared's words the other day; her hair is disheveled and she's not using shampoo. Of course it was a joke, he used it as a rebuttal and it wasn't serious but she can't forget the way they continuously bickered. When that crosses her mind, she can't help but think of how she hid herself from Juliet by using Jared. It was totally embarrassing. The last time he was that close to a guy was when she drank too much at a party. Luckily, nothing happened that night. 

Her vanilla-orange scent filled her whole room. That's always the trademark of her classmates about her. When she walks to a room or when she's approaching, they will already smell her expensive perfume oscillating in the air. It's indeed very pleasant because of the mildness of it's scent and she can't even find the words to react about how Jared named it as awful. God, he didn't even seem to mind smelling like detergent. Maybe he's not a fan of perfumes. Okay. But telling her she smells awful? That is unforgivable. She smells nicer than the bartender he used to date.

She stood up from the vanity chair and moved to the full length mirror beside her table just to check on herself. This Drea is the high school princess Drea who always dressed up nicely, like a descent woman. It's not that she doesn't look as descent now but she used to look like that prim and proper heiress who would sue you if you don't open the limousine doors for her. 

Three knocks vibrated from her door and before she could turn around, her mom's reflection was already visible on the mirror. She smiled at her from there. 

Daphne Fitz wore the same color as hers, but she looked more beautiful than the daughter. Those blonde locks were tied up in a bun and her tall stance never fails to deliver with any dress that she wears. That smile on her face msde her age like fine wine. She is definitely beautiful.

"You look beautiful, sweetheart. I can't wait until your Aunt Juliet sees the woman you have become." She says, walking towards Drea. When she got there behind her, she caressed her shoulder-length hair. "She would be so disappointed to know you're getting married soon."

Drea swallowed upon hearing the marriage thing. "Yeah, about that, mom. I don't think it's the best time to tell her I'm getting married especially this time. Her husband just died, we can't give her another heartbreak for her son."

That's what she said, but hurting Patrick wasn't her concern. She wants to tell Daphne that she's still not into marrying that guy but on the other hand, she doesn't want her mom to know who on earth her dad arranged her to marry.

Instead of agreeing to what she suggested, Daphne just smiled. "Oh, don't worry about that. Patrick has a girlfriend now, I'm sure he wouldn't mind the news."