Part 33

"Saying I love you is not the words I want to hear from you.

It's not that i want you not to say it but if you only knew

how easy it would be to show me how you feel.

More than words is all you have to do to make it real.

Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me.

'Cause I already know."

Drea listened intently as his smooth baritone voice jived with the relaxing sound of the strings he's plucking. He's hot, and a total performer. Explains why everyone in here is going nuts just by watching him. All of them are clapping their hands, some are screaming her name. But she knows all too well that his eyes... they aren't looking at her.

It might appear to be like that-- that his eyes are alternating between looking at her and his fingers on the fretboard. But she would be a fool to believe that, especially when Michaela is literally behind her and what Jared sings right now is their song.

The amount of affection those chocolate brown orbs are projecting is something she knows isn't meant for her. There's a tinge of bitterness in them that she knows just where exactly is coming from and when she sees that? She knows he's mourning the love that he once had with Mick. 

She doesn't know why but... a part of her heart aches knowing the fact that he's not singing for her as his bride but for Michaela who was almost his wife. This was his dream, the reason why he tried to learn how to play that guitar she found standing still at the corner of his living room. And watching him do this while knowing she's just a part of the show and not the protagonist kills her.

This is wrong. She thought, eyes down. I'm blocking his view.

With a single snap, she moved aside. Giving way for Jared's eyes to see Michaela better. He didn't look at him again instead she looked at Mick. She's beautiful. And that smile... that awe in her eyes while watching and listening to Jared, that's the reason why she shouldn't be stealing the spotlight from her.

Drea forced a smile. Since Juliet is right beside her, she didn't want her to see the sadness in her eyes. After all, they're playing pretend that she's getting married to Jay, and it's better to make the lady be all eyes on her instead of looking somewhere else. 

And she is. While everyone is silently admiring the current stage performer, Juliet glanced at her.

"Everything okay?" She gently rubbed Drea's arm and it was answered with a fake smile and a nod. The song is almost through, and everyone's attention is in Jared. If she gets lost now, no one would even recognize.

Her chest is tugging in a way that it hurts, because she can't even look at him and expect that he'd be there, already staring. A lump in her throat suddenly appeared and caused her eyes to well up, but she doesn't want to admit it. She wants to blame it on the crowd of people and say that she's only finding it hard to breathe because the space doesn't allow that much air to come in her lungs. But honestly, it's just her heart. It's squeezing, nad that's what makes it hard for her to breathe.

"Excuse me," she whispered to Juliet. "I just need to get a drink," she offered a smile and silently walked away. But while doing so, she observed everyone. They were really all eyes on Jay who's now currently playing an instrumental and is focused on his fingers. Since she knows he will not notice, she just tried to find anyone who would care if she goes away., but there was no one. Michaela... she's just behind her but didn't even recognize that she's not there anymore.