Part 13

When she went to the precinct the next day, Drea found a coffee cup on her table. She picked it up and saw something written on the cupsleeve. "Drea •‿•". It was her name with a smiley face, and the penmanship seemed familiar.

There was a smile on her face as she placed her jacket on her chair and picked the cup up to drink on it. It was goddamn bitter that she almost spewed it out if not for Mick who suddenly appeared right beside her.

"Hey, I got your text last night. How are we gonna get Juliet surrender the fin?"

Drea is almost turning blue because of not breathing but luckily she was able to swallow that bitter coffee. 

"What's wrong?" Mick asks.

"The coffee is terrible," she almost choked while saying that. Just then did the two found Jared on their opposite side. He's scowling.

"And here I thought you were appreciative," he glared at Drea and she had this surprised expression. 

"This coffee was from you?" She pointed at the cup she's holding.

"Both of you told me to give you my other coffee," he complained like a baby. He even stepped closer to Drea, attempting to get the coffee back and drink it but she's already had it on her mouth. She sipped big gulps from it and smiled at him.

"I appreciate your bitterness, thank you. Next time get me two creams and one sugar, 'kay?" She tapped his shoulder. "Anyway, I had to be resourceful last night so I used my engagement as an excuse to meet Juliet. Told her I would fancy a cruise ship for my wedding reception."

"Clever," Michaela smiled.

"But there's a catch," she said then continued drinking the coffee. "She wants to meet my fiance with me and he's somewhere else in this world so I think I've got to bring Edward as--"

"Why Edward? He doesn't look like someone you would marry," Jared grumbled with his eyebrows almost kissing each other.

"Wow, he shaves just to inform you. And he cleans up pretty well." She defended Edward. That boy who taught her how to ride a horse.

"Woah. Okay. Who the hell is Edward and why are we fighting over him?" Mick says, stopping them two.

"My butler."

"Her butler." 

They said that at the same time, the reason why Michaela had both her eyebrows raised. These two are too much trouble.

"Okay. I don't think we should involve him here, Drea. He doesn't know anything about this and we might be putting him in danger," she suggested. Jared stood straight and put on a proud face because Mick agreed with him. Meanwhile, Drea glared at him. Mick's head hurts seeing them like this right now.

Finally, she had an idea. "How about... you bring Jared there and he can pretend to be your fiance?"

"What?"

"No way!"

"Yes way. We don't have a choice. It's the three of us here and no one else is involved."

"Okay," Drea, with a scowl.

"Fine," Jared, with a tight expression on his face.

Mick was finally able to breathe. "It's just gonna be a night of pretending so do your best to convince Juliet. Is that a deal?"

"Deal," said Jared.