Part 24

Juliet always liked it when she's dressed like a doll, so tonight, Drea made herself look like a doll. An elegant sheath dress, deep blue in color, is what she wore. There's still a fresh bruise on her elbow because of the incident yesterday but she didn't mind it, it wasn't obvious. Since she spent half her time crying, her hair is just laid down like it did and her face and eyes are still incredibly red. If she didn't wash her face with freezing cold water, it'd still be puffy by now. 

The fin... she knows where it is. She's certain. Jared told her that what Mick saw in her vision is an 828 signage. She realized that Juliet's flat is also numbered 828. If the fin isn't there in her house, then she doesn't know where else it could be.

Her mom and dad aren't at home. They're spending the night somewhere else and she's still staying in the mansion. She's planning to move near the precinct as soon as things get okay but if it doesn't, she doesn't know either. 

Once again, just like the ild times, her heels clicked on the floor. She was walking down the fancy spiral staircase when Edward, dressed in a suit that fit him very well, held out his hand while standing in the second step, waiting for her. He assisted her down.

"You look lovely, miss," he politely said. 

She told him they'd go somewhere and that she needs a driver, but she still didn't tell Eddie he will be acting as her fiancè in front of Juliet. She's planning to tell him later, along the drive. Or maybe when they're already there, because right now, she's just spending her time thinking of Jared at the backseat of the car while looking at the New York city lights that looked unlively tonight. 

Her heart is so full of sadness and anger. Anyone who could read her mind will surely get tired of her repeating her hatred for her biological mother, the sadness of unintentionally betraying her friends, the stress of thinking about her marriage with an unknown guy, and the latest heartache of when Jared told her those hurtful words while raising his voice.

She stared at her pinky finger, and that part of her is already a reminder of him. How could she possibly forget him when in every single direction she glances at, and every single things she sees, including this pinky that's already built in her body reminds her of him?

She gets it, she broke his trust. He didn't have to shove it on her face anymore. To be terribly honest, her cries today is everything compared to the ones she had the past few days. Jared was the first person to make her heart flutter after many years and yet he's also the first to break it like this and make her cry that ugly. If she finds the fin tonight, maybe she will have the forgiveness she wants but if not, she doesn't know how to face tomorrow anymore. Maybe she will surrender her badge, or ask for an office switch. 

After today, she's never gonna dream of seeing any of those people again. Especially Jared.

Her endless thoughts came to an end when she felt the car stop in front of a massive building. The Capistrano is just one of the most prestigious condominiums in New York. This is owned by Leo Weissman, and he engineered this too. He said that the rooms here are massive and wide, and it shows. Obviously, each floor can hold five giant houses just by looking at the size of it from the outside. 

Edward opened her door and escorted her outside the car. He was just about to see her off until she goes inside but Drea grabbed him. 

"You're coming with me," she tells him. Eddie just nods and then they walk the entrance together. The building is inspired of Roman architecture so the first few steps are stairs, before the main door. Drea holds Edward tight beside her and keeps her eyes glued to the guards that stood on each side of the glass door.