Part 17

Jared fetched two cups of coffee. One plain black, and one with two creams and one sugar. And oh, an apple.

While in the car, he took out his marker and wrote on the other coffee cup. His penmanship is terrible, it hasn't changed since high school, but that woman said she's appreciative so he still went on and wrote "Drea•‿•" on the cupsleeve.

He smiled, hopefully he got this one right.

Drea's table is the first place he thought of going to. He placed the coffee and apple beside each other in an organized manner and he proceeded to his own table with a big smile on his face. He doesn't know why. He just feels a little giddy today.

On top of his table is a closed folder with a note that says it's from his partner, Sanders. He opened that one. It's Patrick Mason's investigation profile. According to it, his alibi is clean. There are CCTV footages to prove that he's partying with his girlfriend at the night of Garrett's death. He wonders why Drea asked to do a check on him. 

He sat down, starting to get busy in the paperwork when Michaela appeared beside him.

"Jay, what happened? The boxes? Where are they taking them?" She asked, going hysterical. He stood up and decided to move their conversation somewhere else where nobody could hear.

"Sanders told me Juliet wants to dispose them for good." He answered her once they got inside the evidence closet.

Michaela was biting her thumb, it's her mannerism whenever she can't think clear or when she is trying to. Jared focused on her because he knows her too well to even ask what's wrong.

"Did you have a calling?" He asked. He knows that's what it is. Mick nods. 

"It's a vision, actually, not a calling."

"What is it?"

Michaela breathes in, deeply, as if she's about to spew a thousand words after and she's gonna lose breath. 

"Before you found Garrett's dead body, I had a vision of the fin," she put his eyes on him. "And it's just not the fin. There's a bloodied suit hanging beside it."

"It's Garrett's suit." His statement is in between a question and an affirmative.

"Yeah, I think so. But last night and this morning, the same vision appeared. I don't think we're done here. I don't think it's Garrett. I mean, we already found him and the suit must belong to him..." she paused, and there goes a big breath again. Mick's eyes were closed for a second and it's making him worried. "Listen, I saw other things in that vision this morning. It's not only the suit and the fin, it's..."

"It's what?" He asked out of worry. Michaela has been trying to complete her sentence but she can't and it's making him think of a lot of things. He's nervous. 

Mick bites her lip. "It's a signage. It says 828. I don't know if it's a door or it's--"

"The container." Jared concludes, remembering something. "In the crime scene, at the upper floor. There's a giant container that says 828."

Mick nods. "That's what I think too but there's another thing."

"What?"

She frowns, inhales. "You and Drea. I saw you and Drea in front of the fin."

Jared's heart panicked when Drea's name was involved. "What does Drea have to do with this?"

"I don't know, Jared. I think it's you and her that needs to find it."