Part 18

"WHAT THE HELL?"

That's the first thing that came out of Ben Stone's mouth. He arrived with o porsche that almost lost its wheels because he drove it too fast. But still he wasn't able to do anything but watch as that ship moved away.

Drea stood still, staring at that ship that stole what's supposed to be theirs.

Riff 73. That's her mom's boat.

All her thoughts went off shore, she cannot collect any of it. She can't understand and she's already blaming it to herself. Why would her mother take interest of that container? She didn't even say a word as to what it is!

She felt dizzy, looking at Jared and Ben stress over what they lost. Ben's trying to contact someone while Jared's already talking to Michaela about the incident. She can only hear Jared right now, he's talking about those guys that followed them, thinking that they may be involved in Garrett's murder. But more than that, she has already heard him say her name a couple times. 

He's worried. It's been like this since earlier, she felt that he doesn't take his eyes off her. She understands that she's risking her badge with this but the fact that Jared worries about her life is making her anxious.

Moments later, she finds herself inside the car. Drea's still got her hands shaking and head spinning. She can't even move or say a word. It's not that she is afraid she will lose her life but why does she feel this way? Kathryn Fitz is the only person she ever talked to this about because she needed help and now she's the one who stole the fin? 

Jared entered the driver's seat and even when she's looking nowhere, she can still see him in her peripheral vision. He's looking straight at her.

"You okay?" He asked, voice filed with sincerity.

Drea doesn't answer and she continues biting her lip and fidgeting with her fingers. She is afraid to say a word because what if it is really her fault? She isn't used with lying or keeping secrets, but she feels like now is not the right time to say anything. It's still her cue to not talk especially that Jared and Michaela still has something to tell her.

She can't just say that maybe it's because of her, why they were followed. It sucks when everything is just so not clear for her. 

Though she didn't answer J's concern, he decided to.just let her be as silent as she wants to. He knows it is confusing. He was like this at first and it was hard for him when he had Mick by his side and he had a reason to still stick with them. But with Drea, it's different, she doesn't have anything to do with this from the first place and he is truly feeling guilty of having her involved.

So in the absence of her mind, he leaned over her, his face an inch close to hers. Close enough to feel her shaky breaths against his cheek. He extended a hand past her shoulder and pulled the seatbelt from there, tucking it on the lock under her chair. 

Drea felt as if she's been smashed back to earth when Jared's face came that close to hers. Her blood all hiked up her head and showered a blush of red on her cheeks. It was indeed the perfect distraction, instead of thinking of what transpired, she came worrying about her lips. She thought he was gonna kiss her, but he just put her seatbelt for her and started driving right after.

They weren't talking for the whole ride, and Drea's still thinking of too much things she shouldn't even be concerned about. No. Actually, she should be. That is her biological mother. Though she has estranged from her the moment she left her to just get lost, she's still her business.

What if she is involved with all these? What if she's the murderer of Garrett Mason? Those men inside the tower with them, her mom has the power to hire them and not only that, she never told anyone about the plan of sneaking in and getting that container but Kathryn. No one should've gotten an idea that they'd be there at the exact place at the same time. Plus, the boat where the thing was transferred, it was her mom's as well.