Part 40

"Stay still," she ordered, almost laughing. Drea now holds the tip of the strawberry-flavored chapstick up to Jared's lower lip. He does everything just to avoid it. Steps back every time the end touches his chapped up lips. Now Drea didn't let him go anywhere and gripped his tie while gently applying the thing on his mouth. "It's just lip balm, what are you so afraid of?" She was trying so hard not to laugh. His face is nothing but adorable.

"It's pink." He reasoned.

"So? It's just for a little tint, Jared. I'm not gonna make you a drag queen," she giggled. "And your lips are dry, who would kiss you if they look like that?"

He glared. "They're dry because they haven't been kissed for months now."

Drea's eyes rolled. "Maybe I should go get Jimmy from Cal so he could kiss you generously."

They're inside Drea's hotel room, getting ready for the renewal of vows that's gonna happen later in the day at the Fitz's mansion. Jared tidied up quite quicker because he didn't have to style his hair in to curls or prep his nails for playing the piano. Also, he didn't require any makeup. But since he will be performing later, Drea wanted to make him look more princely. If he could get any more handsome than he already is.

After their little quarrel, Jay pursed his lips, being a little more obedient. He also took a step closer so that Drea could put the thing on a bit more comfortable for her since he's still some inches taller than her. When she was done, she put the cap back on the chapstick and dropped it in one of her housecoat's pockets. She got a good view of Jared's lips and lifted her pinky finger to spread the balm evenly.

She was planning to not mind what she's doing. However, Jared's chocolate brown eyes stared at hers as if he were flirting. So she pulled away as quickly as possible.

Drea cleared her throat as she looked down. "That's it. You're done," she forced a smile, but didn't look at him. She's staring down on the floor like it's the most important thing in the room.

"The lip balm, are you going to use it?" He asked while checking her out. It was sort of an unusual question to come from him.

"I was, but... I have many of these. Do you want it?" Slowly, she worked her eyes to look at him. He was smiling.

"Can I have it?"

Without further ado, she fished it out from her pocket and gave it away, placing it on the palm of his hand.

"I think girls prefer my lips to be softer, don't they?"

She chuckled senseless. "Why? We planning to kiss someone?" She slowly walked to the opposite direction, opening the drawer of her vanity table to get some tissue paper and wipe her pinky finger smeared with lip balm.

Jared chortled in a distance, still standing where she left him. "That depends..."

And she turned around once again, facing him and checking him out the last time. His tie is a bit tighter, probably because she used it to hold him earlier. That's why she walked to him again with a very unusual happy smile on her face and fixed what she pulled too tightly.

This is killing her. She distanced herself from him because of the way he stared at her but now, she's coming back, and even closer.

"You look okay," she says, flatting the sides of his coat on his chest.

"Just okay?" He pouts.

"What do you want me to say?"

"That I look like your future husband."