Part 8

My future bride just said she would very much like me to be the one singing our song to her. Maybe it's not too late to learn some guitar.

---

He listened to the melody. How she made the strings vibrate such a beautiful sound that is almost incomparable to the original.

Jared just stood there and did nothing. The moment he stepped in, the song was just starting and for all four minutes of that song, he was just standing and observing Drea play it. Sometimes she would have lapses and mistakes but she just laughs it off and hums the whole song. With this, waves of memories ate the shore of his mind.

It was the juniors' ball that time, when he first laid eyes on Michaela Beth Stone, the most stunning lady in the event. She didn't come with a date, in fact she didn't entertain any because she just broke up with her gangster of a boyfriend by that time. 

She was one of the bad girls at school, the emo punk type. Her hair was shaved on the other side and the other with her blonde and rainbow curls, wearing a statement shirt or anything black, ear piercings,.and that wasn't exactly his type of girl. But when she arrived there, prom night,.her blue eyes were highlighted by the blue ball gown she wore with her blonde locks up in a braid bun. She looked enchanting. And when he saw her walking on the dancefloor, this is the song that played.

When they were seniors, he finally asked her out to be his prom date and she said yes. For him, that was the very first accomplishment of his teenage life. He requested that song to go in the dance playlist and that night, they danced under romantic lights.

Whenever they'd go in road trips, that song will never be off the playlist.

And when he finally made the decision to ask her hand, that song was what he brought with him.

Even when they're not in good terms anymore, he still used it to let Mick know what was happening just so they can save Zeke and call the undercover done.

That song... will always remind him of them two.

That's why when Drea finished playing it, he found himself still immobile. Still stuck in his memories and the thoughts of what could've been. He didn't even notice that Drea has already sensed his presence and is facing his direction.

"You're here," she says with a smile, pulling him out of his thoughts. 

"Yeah.... I'm here," he replied. Just then did he remember what he's rushing for and the nervous heartbeats resurfaced. "Do you have my bag?" 

"Yup, they're here." Drea used her right hand to reach for his bags but he was too edgy and instead of letting her be the one to hand his things to him, he rushed there and grabbed his backpack like he's hiding something. That caused a reaction to cross Drea's face.

"You're jumpy. You hiding something in there?" 

"No. Nothing." He shook his head like a guilty little boy.

Drea narrowed her eyes at him, taking another look on the bag he hid behind him and was planning to catch it from him but she didn't. Instead, she focused on the thing he found in his house.

"Anyway, sorry, I put my hands in this thing. It was getting boring waiting for you," she leaned back on the couch and fiddled with the strings before saying another thing. "Didn't know you play this thing."

"Actually, I don't." He replied right after successfully transferring that thing from his bag to his jacket pocket. Drea turned his direction once again.