Part 7

Drea made a call when they were at layover, she made her mom prepare her car at the airport right away.

And here goes Jared, realizing that she isn't just rich. She's crazy rich. Aside from she's pretty, she looks like that queen who will debunk every wrong idea you had in life and steal your money. However, she doesn't act like it. Normally, rich kids act like princesses, prim and proper. Drea over here is smart and funny, stripping him of his standards in the women that surrounds him. Suddenly he felt like he needed someone who's able to make him laugh.

Right when the plane landed at the airport, aside from the passenger bus, two black cars were there, both accompanied by guys in suit. Drea was behind him so he was the first one to see that view just before she appeared before him, looking at the same direction he does.

She signaled to the guys and then grabbed his hand, leading him down the stairs. There were cabin crew waiting for them with their luggage and when they got it, Drea led them two to the other two guys standing beside each car. 

"Yo Danny!" Drea greeted the guy by the first car. He looks definitely older than them but keeps this chill, youthful vibe with him, fist bumping with Drea. The next guy was about their age and Drea high-fived with him. Jared silently watched the way she's so close with these guys. But that's not the most important thing right now. They need to get to Michaela, pronto.

A minute later, the engine of the first car started as Detective Mikami who's back in action turned up the ignition. Jared sat beside her, and the two other guys used the car behind them. Turns out, they didn't know Drea had company so they only bought two cars. Supposedly, Danny will drive Drea and his son, Edward will have the second car to convoy them just for safety measures. 

He didn't know cops with bodyguards exist.

Right when he had the chance to reopen his phone, he texted Mick and told her they're just minutes away from the Stone residence. When it was answered, he turned his gaze up the road and breathed deeply, repeatedly. He's starting to reclaim his detective thinking and starts finding it in his mind as to how that fin was found in the ocean when it came back whole and exploded right inside the airport.

His heavy breathing caught up to Drea's ear and she peeked at him every now and then, not wanting to take her eyes off the road but still feeling uneasy about Jared's uneasiness. 

"Relax, Jared. Michaela's alive and no one's harmed... yet. Hopefully no one will," she says, trying to be a little more optimistic.

Jared turned his head on her side, wanting to reply, but when he saw Drea's side profile, his tongue won't move and the words were nowhere to be found. He's practically frozen. 

It's not because it's the first time he's seeing that partition of her hair hanging behind her ear; it's because he has seen that more than once. And now, without any palpable reason, it takes his breath away.

Has he really been staring at her for so long?

Finally, a breath managed to escape his mouth when the car harshly stopped and he heard a loud snap when the door kf the driver's seat shut close. Drea was already running to the door of Ben's house without even bothering to tell him. 

"Relax?" He sarcastically asked himself pertaining to her words earlier before he himself rushed after her. When he opened the door, the first sight to see is Drea hugging Michaela so tight. That stopped him dead on his tracks, holding the doorknob and creasing his eyebrows.

He should be the one doing that first, right?

He decided to finally step over the threshold and steal the show when he was yet again stopped. This time, the space between his eyebrows is almost indistinguishable when he saw Drea switched for hugging Mick to hugging Zeke. And guy has guts to put his arms around her as if they were close!