Part 104

Nyonika: Good Morning! You look happy today... Anything special?

Manik: Good Morning Beautiful...
Manik replied back to Nyonika, kissing lightly on her cheek as he took his seat at the dining table the next morning.

Manik: Morning Oldie!
He wished smiling broadly at Harsh, making Nyonika laugh at his grumpy face.

Harsh: Now this means you are really Happy... What is it?

Manik: Nothing special guys... Just a good day! Woke up early, got some good time to exercise, heard some of Nandini's songs, what's not good...

Harsh: Whipped!
Harsh muttered holding back his smile.

Manik: Yeah Yeah laugh as much you want. I'm not the one buying gifts on the 23rd of every month, just coz it was the date when I first met my wife. 

Nyonika: Ohk quit it you two! Let my son be, Harsh...

Manik smiled up at her and ate his breakfast, before getting into some work talk with Harsh. They were almost done with their food when Manik looked at the time.

Manik: Now that's weird... Usually, Nandini is down by this time, whining about me not waking her up!

Harsh: That is because you don't wake her up every day.

Manik: No... It's because she wishes to, how do you think she wakes up exactly at the time when I step out of the room every morning. I'm telling you that girl has a magic sense of my whereabouts.

Nyonika: That is called Love...

Manik: But I don't understand how she senses me every freaking time... This makes it too hard for me to ever surprise her! Anyways... why is she not here till now, I'm just gonna go check if she is alright!
Manik said pushing his plate a little away when he heard her voice.

Nandini: Just take a chill pill Manik, I don't want a husband with grey hair so soon! I'm fine...

Both Harsh and Nyonika laughed at it while Manik simply huffed and looked up to find her walking down the stairs dressed in her pajamas and an extra-large T-shirt which he knew she stole from his cupboard.

Manik: Are you sure?

Nandini: About what? Not wanting a husband with grey hair? Yes, absolutely! That's a deal-breaker. Good Morning Mom, Good Morning Dad!

Manik: Good to know how much you love me! But I meant about the part of you being fine. You are not dressed for work!

Nandini: Yes... That's because I'm taking the day off.
She replied back with a shrug as she took a seat next to him and started looking at all the food, finding something of her choice.

Not being satisfied with anything specific, she picked up a piece of toast and called out for the cook.
Nandini: Neeta!!

Neeta: Good Morning ma'am... What would you like to eat today??
The cook asked with a sweet motherly smile on her face.

Nandini: I would really love a vegetable cheese omelet... Along with some banana shake, no make it Strawberry. Yes, Strawberry shake.

Neeta: Sure, Just give me a couple of minutes.

Nandini smiled broadly at her and looked up to see Manik giving her a teasing smile,
Manik: Since when do you like Strawberry shake?

Nandini: Ask your child... I'm telling you our baby is going to have taste buds completely opposite of ours!

All three of them laughed as she huffed before eating her toast.

Nandini: Yes, keep laughing for now. I better get my taste buds back to normal after this, or I will eat up your head.