Part 70

Manik got home that night with Nandini passed out in his arms as Nyonika rushed towards them.
Nyonika: Manik what happened??? Is she fine?

Manik: Nothing mom relax.... She just passed out!

Nyonika caressed Nandini's hair carefully only to get a foul scent of alcohol from her.
Nyonika: Was she drunk??

Manik nodded softly in answer as he walked around Nyonika and started movinv upstairs.

Nyonika: Manik...
Nyonika called him out, making him stop on the stairs. He simply stood there without turning towards her as he waited for her to complete.

Nyonika: Its been about a week.... I know something happened between the two of u, everyone can see it. U r hardly ever home!!

Manik: Mom, I-

Nyonika: Stop running away from ur problems Manik... Every couple faces trouble, u need to face urs and sort them out.
Manik sighed at her words, looking down at Nandini, taking in her sleeping form.

Nyonika: I heard her crying last night in her sleep. I don't know what it means but she kept on repeating one thing, "Its all my fault, I did that! I m sorry".

Manik was shocked at her words as he turned towards her with his eyes wide.
Nyonika: I know u are suffering from whatever this is, but its not just u alone. She is suffering too, I haven't seen her smile the entire week. Sort this out son...

Manik: I wish I could Mom!! I wish I could... Can u do me a favour?

Nyonika: Anything!

Manik: Don't tell her that I got her home. I m sure she hardly remembers anything, just make some story.
Manik asked her slowly. Nyonika gave a disapproving look to him before shaking her head in defeat as she walked off to her room.
-------------------------------------------

"Urghh!!"
Nandini exclaimed holding her head as she walked down the stairs next morning. She walked straight into the kitchen and filled up a glass of water, before taking out 2 pills for her banging headache.

Nyonika: Leave that....Here, take this!
She heard Nyonika's voice from her side as she forwarded a glass of lemon water for her.

Nandini didn't dare to look up at her as she took the glass from her and jumped up sitting on the counter. She took a few sips from the drink as Nyonika said.

Nyonika: U rn't supposed to mix ur meds up with any painkillers...

Nandini sighed at it before keeping the glass down as she sighed, and looked up.
Nandini: I m sorry Mom... I m really very sorry! I wasn't planning on this, I just wanted to go out for sometime but then i don't know what got into me. I know I was wrong, I m sorry!

Nyonika continued to look at her with a blank expression for sometime before finally giving in as she pointed towards the glass and said with a small smile.
Nyonika: Finish that up, u look like hell!

Nandini chuckled at it but then stopped holding her head from the pain and simply took a sip.
Nandini: But still... I m really very sorry for last night Mom! And u don't need to tell me how wrong I was, coz I know it very well. I was way too irresponsible last night, first I was alone and then I got drunk out of my mind, I don't even remember how I managed to get myself home! Plus this head ache...

Nyonika: U called the driver to come and pick u up but then u passed out in the car itself. Manik took u up to the room and put u to bed!
Nyonika said making Nandini jerked her head upwards as soon as she heard Manik's name.

Nandini: Manik...

Nyonika nodded at her while Nandini simply bit her lip deep in thought.
Nandini: Did he say anything? Was he angry?