Part 11

The next day at work Manik was working in his cabin over some project. He looked through all the files and then picked up the intercom.

"Plz ask Nandini and Cabir to get into my cabin!!"

Exactly 5 minutes later Cabir entered the cabin.
Cabir: Whats up amigo??

Manik: Cabir... This is gonna be our next limelight project. Seriously something good has come up after all those boring housing assignments. This is a public welfare complex to be made over the Mumbai-Pune highway. Its some sort of a sum up of shopping complex+ hotel+ hospital.

Cabir: Wow... Nyc idea!!
Both of them took their seats and started discussing about the project. Around half an hour later, manik said,

Manik: But above all this I want the design to be perfect. It shouldn't be much confusing and yet attractive. I think we need something like -

He stopped on his words and looked up.

Manik: Where is Nandini??

Cabir: Ohh yeah... She is with some clients, they wanted last moment changes in the design. Seriously Man... These ppl r so irritating!

Manik groaned in frustration when he heard someone's voice.
" Stop groaning.... I m here!!"

Manik smiled at her as she walked towards them and took a seat in front of him.

Manik: Finally....

Nandini: Hi cabir.
Nandini smiled at Cabir as she picked up the file from the table and started reading it.

Manik: Why weren't the designers handling the client??

Nandini: Coz the construction has already been started and they need a Design Consultant to look what can be done now.... I m due a sight visit in the next two hours.

Manik nodded at her and they continued with their work. As they finished Nandini said,

Nandini: Ohk... So I'll get the designing team to prepare different ideas and then we can choose. I too hv a few so maybe I will also set down some sketches.

Cabir: Cool... Till then me and my team will start preparing the site.

Manik nodded at it when Cabir walked away picking up his phone.
Cabir: See u later guys...

As he went out Nandini checked out her watch and said,
Nandini: I too should head for the site visit. Do u hv any other work coz I might take some time there and then directly head home.

Manik: No thats fine... It will anyway be ur closing time.

Nandini: Cool... See u!!
Nandini said getting up when Manik replied,

Manik: Yeah see u at the cafe' same time...
Nandini stopped in her work and looked at him confused.

Nandini: Cafe?? Why??

Manik: Coz we r heading to a movie tonight.

Nandini: Movie?? Suddenly!

Manik: What suddenly yr... Its just a movie and I know u r free so we r going and thats final.

Nandini rolled her eyes smiling at him as she turned around to leave.
Nandini: Whatever!!

Manik smiled at her as soon as she left his cabin and picked up his phone as he booked the movie tickets for the two of them.
-----------

Later that day, Nandini reached the cafe to find Manik already waiting for her.
Nandini: Hi...

Manik: Where were u?? I was worried.