Part 30

They entered the giant black metal gates of the Malhotra Mansion at around 4:15 as Manik pulled the car in.

Manik: Most of the people are here....

Nandini: All thanks to my so called parents.... Anyways, forget it we r still on time for the pooja to begin.
Nandini said as Manik turned off the engine. She was about to get down when she noticed Manik close his eyes as he gripped the steering wheel.

She moved her hand, placing it over his shoulder.
Manik: I can't do this Nandini... I can't face all those people. I can't face my family as they mourn over her unfortunate death when they don't even know what happened. Why can't they just stop remembering this day every year with sorrow. Why don't they keep a pooja on her birthday to remember her with happiness....

Nandini: Coz feeling happiness with her not around is much more difficult than feeling sorrow Manik.... And I m sure ur Di is proud of u to remember her happy moments always! I know how difficult it gets.

Manik took a deep breath before opening his eyes as he looked at the door, seeing people walking around.

Nandini: Come!
Nandini whispered to him as she opened her door. She got down followed by Manik as he walked round the car and stood next to her.

Nandini: U can do this...
Nandini said to him softly making him nod. She took a step ahead along with him when she felt his hand on hers, as he entwined his fingers with hers tight.

Nandini: I m here for u Manik... I m right here if u need me!
Nandini said looking up at him as he nodded. She could clearly see how much affected he was by this. But she made sure to tell him that she was there as his support. They removed their shoes outside in front of the servant as Nandini pulled her dupatta on her hair, manik tying a handkerchief on his head in respect.

They moved inside to see the entire living room cleared with furniture as soft white mattresses took place on the ground, most of the guests settled down while others were moving as the pandit said,
"Pooja ka waqt ho gya h... Sabhi aa jayiye.."

Nandini spotted Manik's parents right next to the pandit as Raj looked around at the now settling down crowd on to have his eyes fall on Manik. Nandini saw surprise visible on his face as his mouth opened up.

She turned to look at Manik, who had his eyes fixed in the middle of the hall. Following his gaze, she saw a framed photograph of a beautiful girl, smiling broadly at them. Her eyes twinkling in happiness, her face showing off her overly friendly nature clearly. She was indeed very beautiful.

By the time she looked back to his parents, she noticed Nyonika too staring their way, her eyes tearing up, as she wiped them. Nandini spotted Fab4, Navya and Abhi too present. Almost each and every person among those 60-70 faces had the same expression on their face. She knew it wasn't that surprising for a brother to be there for his sister, but she guessed all of them knew, that it was a big deal for Manik.

She looked Manik still lost at his sisters picture, not even aware of the gazes on them while the pandit patiently waited for the two of them to get seated.

She took a step ahead tugging Manik's hand softly. His gaze got down the picture and rested directly on her, the fear and sadness breaking out through his eyes making it clearly visible for her to read them. She moved her head softly nodding at him once as she started moving ahead taking him along.

They reached in the front, a guarded look back on Manik's face, hard emotionless to the entire world. Though his tightening grip on Nandini's hand told her otherwise. His eyes moved over to his parents as he forced a soft smile towards them, leaving Nandini's hand finally and moved to take a seat next to Nyonika.