Part 41

Nyonika: What u think Nandini.... I think these three are perfect. Now u choose amongst them.

Nandini: I don't know Mom... I m so confused! These dresses are so pretty...
Nandini said as she looked at the options in front of her in the designer's showroom.

The Attendant smiled at her and asked,
Attendant: Is there anything special u want in ur dress?

Nandini looked up at her confused and smiled softly,
Nandini: Special as in?

Attendant: Come on... Every girl has a vision of what her wedding should be like. I m sure, u fo hv a few images in ur mind.

Nyonika smiled brightly at her words as she turned expectantly towards Nandini, who lamely replied,
Nandini: Umn... No. I mean I don't hv anything specific on my mind.

Attendant: What about u Ma'am? I m sure u might hv imagined her wedding right since her birth right! Do u have anything u would want?

Nyonika exchanged a glance at Nandini as she smiled and replied,
Nyonika: I guess u misunderstood us.... I m her would be MIL.

Attendant: Ohh... I m sorry! She just referred to u as Mom so I thought..... Anyways! I just asked that bcoz having a daughter just ten years old, I seriously hv plans for her wedding from now itself. U know na, how silly mother's can be....

Nyonika smiled broadly in understanding while Nandini passed on a fake smile to them, coz clearly her mother had never really thought much about her wedding day ever.

She turned towards Nyonika to find her excitedly talking to the attendant about the dresses. A small smile crept onto her lips.
"This is ur future Nandini.... U may not hv her by ur side, but u hv her. She is not just Manik's mother, she is ur Mom too now..."

Nyonika: Nandini.... I was thinking! Since u are not being able to decide one of these why don't we keep all these in option and look for Manik's sherwani first, then we'll choose a matching one from these...

Nandini: Great... It will be much easier that way!
Nandini smiled nodding at him as the two of them started looking for Manik's sherwani.

Soon Aliya, Mukti and Navya too joined the duo and within two hours they were all done choosing clothes for both Manik and Nandini for mostly all the major rituals.

Navya: Great... I guess we are done with the dresses. Now lets get some nice jewellery matching to these!

Nyonika: Yes... Come!

They moved to the best jewellers and looked for the most amazing pieces for Nandini. Trying one after the other they made sure to choose the most elegant and stunning ones. Deciding each and every one after a proper discussion they were all finally done.

Nyonika: Ohk so now, just the rings left!

Aliya: Aunty, u carry on... Mukti and I would hv to leave, we have a meeting scheduled.

Navya: Ohh yes... Even I hv to reach home, mom must be waiting.

Nandini: No problem guys.... U carry on!  And thanks for helping me yr!

Aliya: Seriously Nandini..... You don't have to thank us, what are friends for after all right?

Nandini: Right!

As soon as the three girls left Nyonika asked Nandini.
Nyonika: Nandini.... Where is Manik? We had decided to choose the rings together right!

Nandini: Mom he had gone to drop off the card. Wait, I'll just call him and find out where he is.

Nandini took out her phone and dialed his number only to wait until the third ring after which he picked up.