Part 42

Nyonika: Manik... Try this sherwani!! Tell me if there are any alterations in it, or else I'll final it.
Nyonika said entering Manik's room as he sat there working on something.

Manik: Yes Mom... Keep it here, I'll try in some time.

Nyonika: Manik... I said now!!
She replied sternly making him groan as she closed his laptop.

Manik: Mom yr... I was working!

Nyonika: I know... But this is important too. Now up!
Nyonika pulled him up and handed him the sherwani as he tried it on while she blabbered.

Nyonika: U r so irresponsible sometimes... Do u even remember the date today, its 19th.... Not even a week left for the wedding. The ceremonies will start from 22nd, all the guests will arrive and then all this work will mess up more.

Manik: Chill Mom... Why r u stressing so much? Navya is handling the preparations na.... Relax okay!

Nyonika: I know Navya and her team is managing everything but u also need to be active na.... But no, look at u... U hv locked urself up in here with this stupid laptop of urs.
Nyonika said checking onto the fitting as Manik stood in front of the mirror.

Manik: Well, in my defence... All this is bcoz of ur dearest would be Daughter in Law. She wanted all the work for this project over before the ceremonies start, as according to her, she won't be able to focus if she has some work pending.

Nyonika: Absolutely... She has a valid point there! Finish it soon na then...

Manik's mouth hung open at her words as Nyonika took the sherwani back from him and turned to leave.
Manik: I hope u know, U r supposed to be the evil Mother in Law that they show in movies and not change ur words just by her name.

Nyonika chuckled at him moving out of the room as she closed the door behind her back.

Manik sat back in front of his laptop and picked up his phone dialing her number, lying down back comfortably he waited for her to receive the call.

Nandini: Why is all this in such a mess? I mean seriously.... I hv a team filled up with idiots, what is the use of having them if have of my time is wasted in correcting the errors made by them...

A chuckle escaped his mouth listening to her complaining frustrated voice,
Manik: Hello to u too....

Nandini: There is nothing funny in this Manik....

Manik: It is actually! U r busy here blaming ur team when those innocent souls don't even know why u r making them do something so quick which still has 15 days left.

Nandini: Whatever....
Nandini muttered as she continued working.

Manik: The album launch party is tmrw!
Manik whispered making her stop her work as she replied back.

Nandini: Are u ready?

Manik: As ready as I could ever be.... I m always ready when it comes to Fab5.
He replied back in confidence making Nandini smile.

Manik: Ohk now stop stressing so much over work... And get some sleep! I'll see u at office tmrw morning....

Nandini: Good night Manik...
--------------------------------

The next day the atmosphere at the RM Heights was very tense, specially the 12th floor which had the cabins for Manik, Nandini, Cabir and Harsh.

As Manik had expected Nandini was fully onto her last day mode. But that wasn't what made the situation tense. It was harsh who made everything the way it was....