Question!

Ok a question??

What ur mobile phone to u? A simple gadget of necessity or an Obsession.....

I m not here for some common discussion which we read in the newspapers almost everyday about teenages and youngsters being addicted to their phones, but this time I m serious!

Does this little piece of entertainment cost us more than our lives?

There is this girl, whom I hv known for almost all her life. She was hardly 3 when she shifted to my neighbourhood and turned to be that irritating little kid for me who would give me an extra sweet smile whenever she would cross my path and with her unique way of shouting, "Hello Didu....". I would always return a small smile to her as a greeting and walk away. Well, aren't we all like that. We don't like anyone being rude to us, but we also don't like anyone being too damn sweet to us.

Day after day, year after year I saw her running around in the neighbourhood until last morning when my mother entered my room and told me that the 12 year old jumped off from the 6th floor because her mother asked her not to use her phone in the night.

A 12 year old girl guys.... What do u think she even knew about life?

And what do I think about this event? Well.... I m pity much blank! I don't know what to think or what to say.... And right now all I wish, is to go back to when she was there in the park 2 days back shouting "Hi Didu" to me as always, and just greet her back with an equally sweet greeting.

Even if she and her family weren't even remotely close to mine, even if she was just some other girl living near me.... I can't help but think that Maybe, just Maybe I could have somehow avoided what happened! Maybe I could hv been the "Didu" to her, an elder sister that she never had and talked to her about what is important and what's not. Maybe I could hv done something for those parents, who are right now dealing with the unimaginable pain of loosing their Only Daughter.

This is not the story of just one girl guys.... There are a lot more out there. They are right there playing in front of u, make sure u don't have to use a past tense while talking about them. The generation coming up, is weak.... No one is thinking right and Maybe a little smile or a few Kind words from us can help making them stronger....

It can right?

Or am I gonna be in this suffocating guilt forever?