Part 64

Manik: Nandini.... Hurry up! We'll be late....
Manik called her out loudly looking at his watch.

Nyonika: Hush.... Stop shouting! Go upstairs and call her if u want.
Nyonika said as she took a seat on the sofa with a magazine in her hand.

Manik: I don't knw why u girls take so much time to get ready!

Nyonika: Oh hello Mister.... She just walked upstairs like 20 minutes back. U took way longer to get ready.

Manik: U always take her side mom!! That's not fair....

Nyonika chuckled at his whining as she rolled her eyes opening up her magazine. Just then Manik's phone rang and he took it out to see Cabir calling,
Manik: Haa cabir bol!

Cabir: We are just leaving for the event. Dhruv-Aliya are already on their way, so are Abhi and Mukti.... Where are u?

Manik: I m just waiting for Nandini. We'll be there soon!

Cabir: Ohk cool bye...

Manik disconnected the call and kept it back inside.
Manik: Nandini.... Everyone has already left! Be fast, we have-

Nandini: Stop shouting u idiot! I m ready.....
He heard Nandini's voice from the stairs interrupting him as he looked up to see her walking down as she kept some stuff in her clutch. His breath paused for a second as he took in her appearance from head to toe.

She was wearing a white dress ending upto her knees with a slit in front of one of her legs. Her hair, packed up in a stylish bun, showing off her perfect neck. She wasn't wearing any accessories other than her two rings and a pair of dangling gold earings which matched her golden heels giving her an amazing height which complemented her as soon as she reached down standing right in front of Manik.

 She wasn't wearing any accessories other than her two rings and a pair of dangling gold earings which matched her golden heels giving her an amazing height which complemented her as soon as she reached down standing right in front of Manik

Nandini looked up at him, watching him looking at her in silence when she looked down at herself.
Nandini: Anything wrong? Do I not look fine?

Manik: Its Perfect! U look beautiful....
Manik finally said making her smile when he heard Nyonika clearing her throat getting him out of his daze.

Nyonika: Manik.... Aren't u getting late now darling?

Manik glared at her for her teasing tone while Nandini blushed trying to control her giggles as he simply walked away, moving towards the door.

Nandini chuckled at it, as followed,
Nandini: Bye Mom!!

Nyonika: Bye dear, enjoy... And yes, u really look beautiful tonight!

Nandini smiled broadly at her, thanking her and moved outside to find her husband standing there holding the back seat door open for her. She smiled at him seitting inside as he closed the door and walked around, taking his seat before the driver started the car.

Nandini: So any special protocol for these parties of urs?

Manik: Nah... These aren't like the business parties! All we do today is smile for the cameras, eat, drink, watch people flaunt their cars, actors flaunting their partners and that's it.