Part 102

manan__hamesha Thanks for the amazing cover girl... Sorry for not updating it sooner, this is my first post after that.

-----------------------------------------------------

Nandini: Manik... I'm fine! Relax.

Manik: Are you sure? I seriously think that you should go and take some rest at home. You barely ate anything before puking it all out, I really need to talk to the doctor about what all should be included in your meals.
Manik spoke talking more to himself than to her, while Nandini simply shook her head in annoyance.

Nandini: U are not asking any such thing to the doctor Manik... I can determine my meals on my own very well.

Manik: Nandini... It's not about that! I mean just think about it, if there is anything which you never refuse to eat, then that is eggs. Light, tasty, nutritional, it fits your entire checklist, and you could literally not stand in the same room with it for like 5 seconds before you rushed out.

Nandini: That has nothing to do with my choices Manik, and everything to do with your kid. I can already tell that this one is as cranky as you, and also that the baby hates Eggs.
Nandini said frowning at the thought of anyone not liking eggs.

Manik: Well the two of us have pity much the same likes and dislikes, so I kinda assumed that our baby would like the same too...
Manik said being dishearted, that his lunch plan was now ruined. 

It had been almost two months now that the two of them had known about soon new addition that they will be having in their family. It could be said that the first three months of this pregnancy had been fairly easy for the two of them. Nandini was getting along with it quite fine, except for some occasional tiredness and a few disruptive mornings.

But now as she stepped into her second trimester, things were definitely not the same as her taste buds started playing with her. And that was where her darling husband failed in his perfect lunch date plan.

Having a fairly free day at work, Manik took out time and went to buy them some of their favorite food for lunch. He knew exactly what Nandini would prefer knowing that they still had half of the day left to spend at the office. But much to his dismay, the moment he served their lunch out in plates, Nandini was already pushing him away as she rushed to the ladies' room to puke all of her breakfast out.

Nandini noticed his fallen face and sighed as she got up from her seat and moved towards him. She picked up his arm a little, taking in his attention. Manik looked up at her in confusion, only to sit back as she made herself comfortable on his lap.

Nandini: Manik... It's the thought that counts right! It's ohk... At least we got to know another thing that I have to be away from.

Manik: Another? Why? There is something else?

Nandini nodded softly at his question and rested her head comfortably on his chest.
Nandini: Our baby seemed to be testing me! It seems that I have to live without coffee for the next six months!

Manik's eyes broadened as he heard her, knowing how addicted Nandini is to coffee, but he decided against commenting on it.

Manik: Nandini... U need to eat something, should I order something else for you.
He said softly caressing her hair straight down her back, only to have her shake her head in denial.

Nandini: No, I don't want to eat anything else... I will just get back to the chocolate that I am hiding in that drawer. But you are going to go back to your office and have your lunch properly okay? All this is not just my favorite, it's yours as well.
She said pointing to all the now packed boxes on the table.