Part 106

Cabir: You are not getting it Nandini... She really told me off this time. I think I went too far.

Nandini: Of course you went too far... What were you thinking snapping at her mother?

Cabir: Arey yr... I was drunk and Navya kept on insisting on going back home, it got me irritated.

Nandini: So you decided to take it out on her Mother! Are you even listening to yourself? Of course she will be angry.

Cabir groaned out loud as he got up from his seat, moving back and forth in front of her, thinking about Navya.

Right as nandini was about to say something, she heard a knock on the door as a guy, whom she recognized as Cabir's secretary,  entered holding some files.
Guy: Sir, These files need your urgent attention. They require your signatures...

Cabir: My life is on the urge of becoming a mess and you care about your stupid signatures... Get these out!
Cabir snapped at him, just as he had done at every other person in the last two hours since Nandini had gotten there.

Nandini sighed at this and kept the packet of chips, that she was nibbling on, away. She looked up at the poor guy and gaining his attention, before asking him to give the files to her. The guy kept the files in front of her, before making his way out.

Cabir started ranting again about Navya and how much he loved her, while Nandini decided to focus on the files, which turned out to be some fairly important regular updates. She went through the content, hoping not to find anything out of place. For the next half an hour, she finished off his work, while Cabir continued pacing here and there. It was only when she was done with it all she spoke up loudly.

Nandini: Cabir... Shut up and take a seat will you! Your pacing around is not only giving me a head ache, I really do think you are irritating my baby as well. I swear I never felt him kick me so frequently.

Cabir glanced down at her, watching her caressing her bump taking deep breaths probably to relieve some pain.

Nandini: Sit here..
Nandini said motioning towards the chair in front of her as she passed the opened files towards him.

Nandini: I have kept them open at the pages at need your signature, I have read them all so please sign here...

Cabir: You- Nandini, you didn't have to complete my work. God, Manik is gonna kill me if he finds out that I let you do that.

Nandini: Shut up! No one is telling him. And I didn't do anything but read the files, so relax and now sign.

Cabir shook his head at her before pulling the files closer as he started signing them.
Cabir: I think you are right... I really should talk to Navya once before jumping to conclusions. I'm sure she will react differently once her anger has cooled down.

Nandini finally smiled at his words, knowing all along that he was worrying for nothing. There was no way Navya could ever want to break up with this idiot provided how much the two of them were crazy about each other.

Her smile dropped down as her face snapped up at Cabir, who was still lost in his own world.
Nandini: Cabir-

Cabir: I think I should take her out on a dinner date and talk to her properly, it's been a long-

Nandini: CABIR!!

Cabir: Ohk fine if not a dinner date, then maybe a weekend trip!

Nandini: Cabir Shut up... I want you to Forget about Navya for a few minutes and focus here okay!

Cabir finally looked up at her, finding her face alert as he got confused.
Nandini: You are going to get up, give these files to your secretary and ask him to get your car ready for us.