Part 5

Manik left bidding her a Bye, but it made Nandini stay up all night long as his words kept on repeating in her head.

I really hope that day would come soon when we wouldn't hv to change the topic to stop u from lying. I'll wait till then, just remember that I m there whenever u wanna talk!!

She had never had any friends all her life, she just didn't let her guards off for anyone and somehow his words came to her as an assurance. But still something in her, stopped her.

Sleep took over to her thinking about him continuously, fully confused in her head.

The next afternoon, it was around 4 when Nandini was sitting in a cafe engrossed in a novel when her phone rang. She saw Manik's call and received the phone to hear him start talking without even greeting her.

Manik: Nandini yr... I need help!! These ppl will drive me insane with their questions, I don't know what to do. Can't everything her be just black or white, its so confusing. The font, colour, design, matter, and-

Nandini: Manik relax..... Take a deep breath!!
Nandini said stopping his monologue.

Nandini: At least tell me what happened? U r not making any sense.

Manik: Can't we just send a msg to call the ppl as invites... These cards are so confusing.

Nandini chuckled at his words understanding his problem when he said,

Manik: Hey stop laughing and help me, everyone else is busy. Where r u, I m coming, we need to decide it in an hour.

Nandini: I m at MG Road.

Manik: Great, I m right next to it, where r u exactly.

Nandini: At Cafe Kulture...

Manik disconnected the call while Nandini smiled at him and again got into her novel. 15 mins later, Manik entered the cafe and looked around to find her sitting at the corner most table with a coffee mug in her hand and eyes filled on the novel. She looked super cute with those pair of spectacles on her eyes. Though she does wear it in office as well, but something about her casual look make him smile. She was looking like a cute college going girl.

Manik walked towards her and clicked his fingers in front of her eyes to gain her attention

Manik: May I hv the pleasure to join u beautiful...

Nandini looked up at his words and chuckled,
Nandini: Flirting doesn't suit u Manik.... U seem more of a gentleman guy.

Manik took a seat in front of her as he moved forward and removed the spectacles from her eyes.
Manik: Ohh is it?? And why would u say that?

Nandini: Well to start with... Ur talking style, ur dressing style, ur chivalry, everything...

Manik: So should I take it as a compliment or a taunt Nandini...