Part 18:

Later that day, Manik and Nandini made a quick visit to office and were soon on their way to the site.

Nandini's pov:
We left for the site discussing about a few deals until Manik turned on the Music into the car, and that sealed our professional conversation. I turned my gaze towards the window, watching the buildings pass by as we made our way through the traffic in Mumbai.

My mind zoomed back to the amazing start of the day. This was a different day for me, no running away from the house to avoid that abusive couple. A free morning, with free heartfelt laughter..... Probably the most blissful morning, that I hv had since I hv come to this city.

My chain of thoughts was broken when I felt Manik shake my arm.

Manik: Nandini....

Nandini: Hmn...

Manik: Where r u lost?? I hv been calling u!!
He said as he turned to look at me, concern visible on his face. Every moment with Manik makes me feel lucky to hv him as my friend. No matter how much a pain in the ass he could be, but he truly is the bestest friend any one could hv. Never hv I seen him pity over me, it's always pure concern and maybe that's why it's so easy for me to open up to him.

Manik: Nandini..... Back to earth!!

He said again getting me back into the car.

Manik: Are u fine? What are u thinking?

Nandini: About this morning.....
I replied slowly as I looked ahead at the beautiful day. But my words seemed to worry him, as he immediately turned towards me.

Manik: Morning.... What happened? Did something happen at home? Why didn't u tell me earlier?

Nandini: Manik Manik.... Relax!! Nothing happened... I was talking about the breakfast at urs....

Manik: Ohh that.....
A sigh escaped his mouth making me smile as I said,

Nandini: It was the best morning that I hv had in a very long time. It was fun!

Manik: Yeah... My shoes seemed to enjoy it too!!
Manik muttered to himself but I busted out in laughter. Manik glared at me but I could see a small smile playing over his lips.

Soon my laughter died when I thought about something,
Nandini: U know Manik..... Every morning, I wake up early, to leave the house before anyone else starts the day! I spend it usually, at some random park, hill or the Marine drive, watching the sun rise.... Not that I don't enjoy it, but this morning is making me rethink. Could the things at my place, really be different, if I don't run away from it. Is it bcoz, I never gave them a chance!

I felt his hand over my knee making me look at him. His warm hand making small soothing circles on my knee, feeling me him calmness.
Manik: It's not ur fault Nandini. Maybe I woke hv advised u to give them a chance if u had asked this to me yesterday... But after last night, I m sry if this hurts u..... But they don't deserve any of ur sympathies Nandini, they don't!!

I sighed at his words and nodded as I looked down and kept my hand over his, on my knee.
Nandini: I know!!! I... I just can't stop myself from hoping again and again....

Manik pressed over my knee a bit as he said,
Manik: Well to be honest.... This morning was exceptionally gud for me too!! Usually it's just me, mom and Dad sitting together on the table and eating silently. As Mom said, the laughter seemed new yet refreshing...

I smiled at his words resting my head back when he turned towards me and winked,
Manik: Thank u...

Nandini: Yeah right.... Now u r thanking me for that prank!! M I so damn Good.....
Nandini asked flaunting her prank again making Manik give her a look. And the next minute both of them were laughing like hell.