Part 49

Take a deep breath...
Relax
Just relax Nandini....

Nandini thought to herself taking deep breaths as she calmed herself down. She could hear her heart beats out loud as she looked up at the mirror.

The girl staring back at her was a completely unknown person. Nandini tried to recognise her, as her eyes scanned through her body from head to toe, watching her decked up in a beautiful red lehenga with heavy golden work. Her hair were seen tied up in a amazing bun, adorned with antique jewels.

Nandini looked at the girl in front of her and sighed

Nandini looked at the girl in front of her and sighed. There she was staring back, with analysing eyes making nandini realise that how her future was. This unknown person sitting in front of her was her future. If she was unable to recognise her Own self how was she supposed to recognise what awaits her the next day.

Right from the age of 5, she has been facing her life alone. She took her decisions herself, not thinking about anyone else. And now she was entering a Family, a real family.
As much as the idea warmed up her heart, she could feel her hands shivering at the thought of how many things could go wrong from her on. Being a member of the family, she would have to consider their needs and expectations from her. Being a daughter in law, she would have to follow some unsaid rules. Being a wife, she would have to keep her husbands opinions in mind. There was a lot to consider and still, nothing at all.

The door of the room opened as she turned around to see Nyonika entering the room with Mrs. K.

Nyonika: Its time!
Nyonika said smiling at her while Nandini fisted her hands together to hide her shivering self.

She managed to pass a small smile to her and got up.

Nyonika: Nervous?

Nandini looked up at her surprised but still replied truthfully with a soft nod.

Nyonika: Don't worry.... Its very common! And believe me, U will be all fine.
Nyonika said caressing her face and planting a soft kiss on her head.

Nandini smiled at her when her eyes shifted to Mrs. K who just stood there with a blank face, not giving anything off.

Nandini: U r not gonna say anything?
Nandini asked expectantly raising an eyebrow. A surprised look came onto Mrs. K's face but she recovered soon.

Mrs. K: Umn... U look Good!

Nandini suppressed an eye roll at her words but didn't say anything. Nyonika waited for Mrs. K to say something but then cleared her throat in the awkward silence.

Nyonika: Ohk ohk... Lets go! Otherwise ur groom will come running over here in his impatience.

Nandini chuckled at her words and got up as Nyonika pulled up her vial bring it down to cover almost half her face, making only her lips and chin visible.