Part 73

The next day, being a Sunday, the Malhotra's decided to have a chilled out breakfast in the garden. With slight chatter, laughter and masti, the topic shifted back to work after Manik received a phone call from their clients in Dubai.

Manik: Dad are u sure?? I mean u don't have to go... I will take the next flight possible and go finish up the work.
Manik asked for the third time to Harsh who simply shook his head.

Harsh: Manik.... Its ohk son! U know its gonna take atleast 10 to 15 days in Dubai. Nandini is already busy in the Hotel Project. And there is no sense in u going there without her. I will go and handle it there, u two focus out here.

Nyonika: I will also come along with u!
Nyonika declared making both of them turn towards her.

Harsh: And why would I take u along?
Harsh asked her seriously while both Manik and nandini tried not to smile.

They clearly knew Harsh never went anywhere without Nyonika, no matter what they always travelled together.

Nyonika glared at her husband as she shrugged,
Nyonika: Who are u to take me along? I want to go, so I'll go... U handle ur work, while I'll have my Holiday.

Harsh shook his head in defeat while Nyonika smiled.
Harsh: Fine... We leave at midnight. I'll take a quick round to the office to get some documents, u pack our bags.

Nyonika nodded at it while Nandini spoke up,
Nandini: Mom, I'll help u pack...

Nyonika: Relax Nandini, it won't be much. I'll manage. Anyways, are u two gonna stay here now that we are going or u would be moving back to the flat.

Nandini: I think our flat would be better. Its been almost a month and a half, I miss it. What do u think Manik?

Manik: We'll go there tonight itself...
Manik replied making Nandini smile.

With this they all continued with their breakfast planning for Dubai. They were almost done with it when both Nandini's and Manik's phones beeped with incoming messages. Manik ignored it at first, while Nandini picked it up to find a SOS msg from Navya,

"EMERGENCY! Cabir's place... Asap.."

Nandini frowned at the msg as she looked up at Manik to find him laughing along with Harsh, as they teased Nyonika over something. She simply picked up his phone and saw the exact same msg to him as well, making her confusion turn into worry.

She held his hand, pulling his attention from their conversation and simultaneously dialed Navya's no. from her phone. Manik turned towards her to watch her already standing up,
Nandini: We have to go.... Fast!

She handed him over his phone with the text open as Manik's eyes too broadened at the msg and he got up.
Manik: Mom-Dad, we'll see u later. It's an emergency, something came up at Cabir's.

Both Nyonika and Harsh nodded at them while they turned to leave.
Nandini: Neither Navya nor Cabir is receiving my call. I just hope there is nothing serious.

Manik: Try calling the others....
Manik told her as they reached the car and sat in before pulling out of the Mansion.

Nandini called up Aliya the first.
Nandini: Hello Aliya!!

Aliya: Nandini did u get Navya's msg, Dhruv and I are on our way.

Nandini: Yeah so are me and Manik.... But what happened suddenly?

Aliya: I don't know, lets see. Mukti and Abhi too are on their way over.

Nandini disconnected the call at this before turning towards Manik,
Nandini: Everyone is on their way, no one has any idea what happened.