Part 23

The two days in Goa passed in a jiffy. Lets just say, they did everything they could. Truly, Friends are a family that we choose.... And it was finally time for Nandini to realise this fact.

Rishab and Nandini reached back home early on tuesday. On one hand, Nandini rushed to get ready for work while Rishab ordered the servants not to disturb him as he hit the bed. Nandini got ready soon in her work clothes and looked at the time. Standing in front of the mirror she made sure her hair were flowing down smoothly on her side. Her dark black hair along with the light pink, off white coat making her look beautiful. She stepped onto her off white pumps as she turned towards the clock. It was 9 am, still sufficient time to reach at work.

But still she was late

But still she was late.... Ask why?? Well, that's coz she usually left before anyone else in the Kapoor Mansion would leave their bed. Having the habit of spending her mornings alone at some place close to nature or in some cafe having breakfast she groaned.

"Plz God... No drama early morning for me!!"
She said to herself as she left her room picking up her laptop bag and a few sheet rolls of the new design ideas that she had.

She moved towards the main door walking through the right lobby, that was hers. When she stopped at the living area and said to the servant.

Nandini: Kaka... Plz wake Rishu up by Lunch time!! No matter how much he says make sure he doesn't skip his lunch. And yes make something healthy for him, he has been having unhealthy food all throughout the trip. Call me if he doesn't listen to u ohk!!

The servant smiled at her concern as he nodded and Nandini turned to leave only to hear a stern male voice call out her name. She turned around to see Mr. And Mrs. K on the dining table having breakfast.

Nandini groaned internally as she muttered,
"So much for a casual start of the day!"

She walked closer towards them and greeted them formally.
Nandini: Good morning Mr. And Mrs. Kapoor.

Mrs. K: So u r back...
Mrs. K said in a clipped tone finally looking up at her.

Nandini: It seems so!!
Nandini replied in the same tone.

Mr. K: Join us...
Nandini pointed her gaze at the order in his tone as she replied,

Nandini: I hv work, so I'll like to pass....

Mr. K: U still hv enough time... Join us!

Nandini opened up her mouth to reply but then decided not to fight early morning as she took a seat dropping her stuff on the adjacent chair. She scanned around the table and then looked up at the servant,

Nandini: An omelet and my coffee plz!

Mrs. K: Any particular reason why u keep avoiding us?
She heard Mrs. K saying to her as a smile took over her face.

Nandini: Come on Mrs. Kapoor, I m not avoiding u guys.... I m just helping u feel like I don't live here in the same house as u, isn't that what u would like too....