Part 85

Nandini freshened up as soon as she could before walking to the kitchen to find the two ladies working in awkward silence. She closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath to calm herself down as she smiled broadly before entering.

Nandini: Ohk oldies!! How can I help?

Nyonika turned towards her and raised her eyebrows,
Nyonika: Whom are u referring to as an oldie here lady?

Nandini shrugged casually smiling cheekily at her,
Nandini: Oh u know very well... 

She replied before taking her place in front of the stove, picking up a few eggs to prepare omelets for Harsh.

Nyonika: So how was Bangalore? I saw ur pictures from the party. I loved your outfit.

Nandini: So did I! Aliya designed it.
Nandini said smiling at her.

Mrs. Kapoor: I heard the tour turned out to be a great success, but I didn't know that u also went along with Fab5?

Nandini turned towards her and gave her a small strained smile,
Nandini: I didn't! I was there just for the last two days for Manik's birthday.

Mrs. Kapoor nodded at her smiling broadly when Nandini noticed that she was holding coffee powder,
Nandini: Umn... Are u making Coffee?

Mrs. Kapoor: Yeah! I hope everyone prefers that?

Nandini: Yeah.. We do! Dad takes one spoon sugar with a bit of vanilla in it and Mom takes two spoons of sugar. Manik prefers it black, no sugar.

Mrs. Kapoor nodded at her as Nyonika smiled softly watching as Nandini tried to be normal with her mother.
Mrs. Kapoor: Nandini??

Nandini: Hmn?

Mrs. Kapoor: What about u? How do u take ur coffee?
She asked slowly making Nandini stop her work as she stood still, her eyes fixed at the stove.

Nyonika waited for her to respond for a few second but then spoke up softly answering Mrs. Kapoor's question,
Nyonika: Black... No sugar! Both Manik and her have the same preferences.

Mrs. Kapoor nodded at it and got on the job. Nandini finished with her work and then turned towards Nyonika.
Nandini: I'll set up the table and call Manik and Dad.

A few minutes later, they were all sitting at the table, having their breakfast,
Mrs. Kapoor: Thank u for having me here!

Nyonika: Ohh it's fine... We always love the company of family and friends!

Mrs. Kapoor: Yeah, I know! Rishab likes to talk about u all a lot.

Manik glanced at Nandini briefly only to find her engrossed in food and ignoring the conversation.

Mrs. Kapoor: By the way, my husband was telling me about this new project of yours. He said this is one of the biggest projects in the country!

Harsh smiled at this and nodded at her,
Harsh: Oh yes, it is... This is entirely Nandini's project. From the idea to the proposal and even arranging everything was all on her. And not to forget the designs off course. I can't even begin to say how proud I am of her.

Nandini smiled a little at Harsh, as Manik placed his hand over hers on the table.

Mrs. Kapoor: And what about when the construction is done. Is RM Heights planning to run the place as well?

Harsh shook his head at this and answered her politely,
Harsh: No I don't think so. Both Manik and Nandini are already too busy in their work at the company and I don't think I want to get into anything now.