Part 14

Manik: I said u r Not going anywhere and its Final. Stay here tonight!!
Manik said to Nandini in a firm tone as she tired to get back home at 1 in the night.

Nyonika: Manik.... At least let her speak, she has to think about her family too!! They will get worried.
Nyonika said looking between both of them.

As soon as her words came out both Manik and Nandini looked up at each other as he saw the pain creep into her eyes. They kept on looking at each other forgetting about his parents until Nandini felt a tears starting to dwell up in her eyes again.

Nandini looked down breaking the eye contact and controlled herself when Manik saw his parents looking at them. They didn't noticed Nandini's tears but just saw them having that eye contact.

Manik: Mom its too late... And there is No way I m letting Nandini go at this time!! I m sure she can leave them a msg and stay back here for a night.

Harsh: I think Manik is right... Nandini, U should stay here itself tonight.
Harsh supported Manik when Nandini looked up.

Nandini: Ohk Uncle as u say!!

Nyonika: Manik, show Nandini her room ohk?
Nyonika said softly. Manik nodded at her when Nandini turned towards him, her eyes guarded as always, having a blank expression on her face.

She smiled slightly at Nyonika and Harsh as he lead her upstairs. He took her to a room and opened up the door as she followed him inside.

Manik: As u know, I m right in the next room so if u need anything, just come by.

Nandini simply nodded at his words and turned around looking at the room when Manik called her name softly, she faced him listening to that when he finally asked,

Manik: Are u fine??

Nandini: Yes Manik.... I m absolutely fine!!
Nandini said with a small smile.

Manik shrugged at her and nodded as he moved back towards the door. He was about to close it behind his back when he turned around and said,
Manik: I know u well enough now to tell when u r fine Nandini.... Ur eyes give off quite a lot,  since u don't wanna talk its fine... But I m right there for u!!!

And before Nandini could say anything he closed the door and was out of the room. Nandini sighed at it and sat over the bed as the entire day revolved in her head. The way she finally opened up to Manik about her family, the way he supported her and stood strong for her, the way they both returned back to his place and got into so much talking.

Nandini: I won't be weak.... I hv always controlled my life on my own, just being in this city can't make me weak. I hv to be strong.... For no one else, but just for my own sake.

Nandini said to herself as she stood in front of the mirror taking a deep breath she calmed herself down and automatically a smile came up on her face.

She got into the washroom and freshened up a bit washing off her face when she realised that she needed a change. She opened up the cupboard of that room to try an find something but saw only guys cloths. Sighing at herself she got out of the room and entered the door on her right.

Nandini: Manik, I need clothes....
She whined while entering the room only to stop right in her tracks as her eyes widened at the seen in front of her.

Manik sat stood there in front of the mirror, wearing a pair of black tracks and nothing else but a towel around his neck. Water droplets shining over his bare chest while his hair still dripping wet from the shower that he took.

Nandini blinked her eyes closed taking a breath as she opened them again and folded her arms along her chest.

Nandini: Actually... Correction, we need cloths!!