Part 45

Nandini: Girls seriously, thank u very much for dropping by!

Aliya: I can't believe u actually thought we were gonna let u get ready for ur engagement alone.

Mukti: Absolutely.... We always get ready together! It has been a tradition for years, and Nandini its high time for u to understand that u r a part of us now!

Nandini: I know.... Thanks anyways!

Navya: Shut up and now get changed... Ur hair is done! We'll do the touch ups later.

Navya said pulling her up as Aliya excitedly pulled out her dress.

Nandini smiled at them taking the dress as she moved into her closet to change while Aliya helped Mukti in her makeup and Navya checked her phone.

Navya: The guys are all ready. Cabir just msged me asking how long will we take.

Aliya: Tell him we'll be there in half an hour and Nandini shortly after that.

Aliya said continuing her work. 5 mins later Nandini moved back into the room while all the three girls turned towards, and smile broadly.

Mukti: Manik is gonna die tonight just by looking at u!

The girls chuckled at her while Nandini rolled her eyes at the exaggeration.

Aliya: U r worried about Manik. I m worried about what he will do to other guys at the party who would be openly checking out his girl.

Nandini: Ohk enough girls....

Mukti: Did I just see that Blush!!! Awww...

Mukti teased her while Nandini pushed her away.

Nandini: Ohk on a serious note.... How am I looking guys? Does this dress suit me well, I hope it's not looking off anywhere.

Aliya: Nandini... U look fabulous! Believe me and Come now... I just need to give u a slight touch up and then we are ready to go!

They continued getting ready and were all done in 10 minutes as they started clicking a few pictures when they heard a knock at the door

They continued getting ready and were all done in 10 minutes as they started clicking a few pictures when they heard a knock at the door. Navya got up thinking its Rishab and opened up the door only to move aside and call out,

Navya: Nandini!

Nandini who was busy posing with Aliya for a selfie, turned towards her and walked ahead only to lose her smile. There in front of her stood Mrs. Kapoor dressed up in a glamorous saree, ready for the party.

Nandini stood still in front of her with a blank expression on her face, while her gaze travelled to her palms at the slightly visible cuts which had somehow managed to heal slightly. Manik's face came in front of her as she took a deep breath.

Navya: Umn... I think we should get going.

Nandini: No Navya... Its fine! Anyway she is not gonna take long over here....