✰ 1 ✰

✎ 𝓢𝓮𝓷𝓲𝓸𝓻 𝓢𝓬𝓻𝓲𝓫𝓮 ✎

Brooklyn Hale huffed. Stood atop her car, with her arm stretched as high as it could go, she was still unable to get any signal. The strong winds that made her to stumble every few seconds were also not helping.

The sky was completely overcast, not a speck of blue in sight. The rumble of thunder and the flash of lighting could be seen and heard from time to time because of the raging storm that was currently taking place.

Brooke jumped down from the roof of her car, her feet safety coming to land on the concrete below. If she wasn't getting any signal there was no point risking being blown off her car.

She looked down the long line of cars making up the traffic jam, her lips pursed. Not a single person stuck in the line had moved for over fifteen minutes. And Brooklyn didn't have the best patience.

One car away, a boy turned and made eye contact with the Hale girl. He wore a black jacket with tartan sleeves, his hair was shaved at the sides but sat a little longer on the top of his head, he had mischievous blue eyes and a kind smile.

"I'm not getting anything either." he told her, waving his offline phone as proof. Brooke nodded, giving him a small smile of appreciation as she slid back into the warmth of her car.

She slumped in the chair, her head going back to rest against the headboard glumly. She was going to be late. And not only that, she was going to get an earful from Stiles because he'd specifically told her to get there a day earlier like Kira but she'd told him it was going to be fine.

Now look where she was.

She wasn't even sure exactly what she was going to be late for. Just that it was called Senior Scribe and according to the Stilinski boy it was 'the most important and necessary thing you had to do before starting senior year'.

Brooke smiled to herself. Senior year. Surprisingly, she'd been smart enough to not have to retake junior year. And after spending the six weeks summer holiday with her dad, she'd decided to come back to Beacon Hills for the foreseeable future.

Her fingers tapped against the steering wheel as she glanced down the queue of cars again. "That's it, I'm just going to walk." she muttered to herself. But just as she opened the door slightly, rain came pouring down again. Relentless, heavy rain.

"I guess not." Brooklyn mumbled, closing the door once again. She picked up her phone again, Scott's cute face lighting up on the screen. Her eyes flicked over to the top hand corner where they scanned the words, NO SIGNAL. She groaned, her head going back in annoyance.

She was going to be stuck here for a while.

❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃

Half an hour later and Brooke still hadn't moved an inch. Her feet now lay carelessly on the dashboard, her body sideways in her seat and her eyes closed as she zoned out.

She was thinking about how much she wanted to steal Stiles' keys and drive around in his jeep just to see his reaction when the sound of a motor bike snapped her out of her daze. A very familiar motorbike.

The Hale girl was instantly out of her car, running the short distance in the pouring rain to Scott's, now parked, vehicle. A huge smiled lit up her face as the McCall boy met her halfway, his pearly whites standing out in the darkness.

"Did you have fun in South Carolina?" Scott questioned once she was close enough to hear him over the sound of splashing water.