✰ 18 ✰

♪ 𝓒𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓾𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓝𝓸𝓲𝓼𝓮 ♪

Malia had only been waiting at the hospital for a mere five minutes before Scott rushed in. His face was completely frantic as he searched for the girl he wanted. It was obvious by the looks on Stiles, Liam and Kira's faces behind him that they'd been trying to console him since he'd gotten the call, but nothing had worked.

The Tate girl stood up and immediately grabbed the True Alpha's attention as he marched his way over to her with the others in tow. "Where is she?" he asked quickly.

Looking at the boy who was so clearly distraught made Malia feel guilty. If only she hadn't gone after her mother. If only she didn't lead them all into Fort Jewett. Then Brooklyn wouldn't be fighting for her life. "She's in surgery." she told the boy softly.

"She's going to make it though, right? She's going to be okay?" Scott panicked. His heart had dropped the moment he'd revived the call from Malia. He felt so stupid and angry at himself for snapping at her that day. He knew he'd hurt her in the worst way and because of that she'd left and helped Malia. He could only think that if he hadn't yelled at her she wouldn't be in the position she is now.

"They don't know. They have to open her up to see just how bad it is but she's already lost a lot of blood." Malia sighed. "Which is why I need to tell you something." she added, pulling Scott off to the side.

The McCall boy's eyebrows drew together but he followed the girl to a quiet corner away from their friends. Malia looked down and didn't say anything for a moment causing Scott to say, "Malia?"

The werecoyote looked up at him. "When we were speeding over here, I was in the back with Brooke. She told me to tell you something if she dies and there's a good chance of that so it's probably best I tell you now." she confessed. Scott's eyes became glassy but he nodded for the girl to continue. "Her words where, tell Scott I didn't mean it. Tell him that I love him."

Scott let the tears cascade down his face as she finished. He never felt more guilty or stupid in his life. He'd had the best thing going, the most beautiful girl in the world and he ruined it. He ruined it all. And quite possibly her last words were to tell him that she loved him. He didn't deserve her. But if she came out of this, then he was going to do his best to give her his all and much, much more.

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

A horrible, continuous noise awoke the disoriented girl from her slumber. Her body felt heavy and she felt a small amount of pain come from just below her ribcage. Her eyelids opened groggily to take a look at her surroundings. The sky behind the tilted blinds was dark, the stars twinkling brightly. The room she was in consisted of four white walls, two doors and various machines which made her come to the conclusion that she was in a hospital.

A figure sat next to her bed. The moonlight filtering in revealing to her that it was non other than Scott McCall. Brooklyn smiled a little. She hadn't seen his face in a while. She hadn't been this close to him for too long. He was staring absently at the wall to his left. He was too zoned out and looking in the wrong direction to notice the girl had awoken.

His hand lay right next to hers on the bed. Like he wanted to hold her hand but didn't want to overstep his boundaries so he'd settled for that. Brooke slipped her hand into his, startling him and drawing his attention to her.

Scott only felt full relief at the sight of her chocolate eyes staring back at his. He'd received the news hours ago that she was going to be okay but he felt that he couldn't truly believe that until he saw it for himself. And now he was. "Brooklyn." Scott breathed out happily with a large smile on his face.