✰ 36 ✰

◈ 𝓡𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓸 𝓒𝓸𝓷𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 ◈

Not much time had passed before the waiting room of the Wild Hunt's train station was shrouded in chaos once again. Along with everyone else, Brooklyn scrabbled to duck down behind the bench she been sat on a mere five seconds ago as the sounds of horses' hooves hitting the floor travelled towards them. The riders came in, shooting at the ceiling causing screams to sound and a gust of wind to blow through.

They weren't empty handed this time and had people flung over the backs of their horses who they then dropped to the floor without a care. Brooke watched from beside Stiles and Peter, the latter saying, "This place is really starting to fill up."

As one of the girls who'd been dumped by the riders lifted the lacrosse helmet from her head, Brooklyn felt her stomach drop. "Gwen? Gwen!" another girl who'd been there for sometime shouted as she also noticed her arrival. Though the Hale girl had been holding out a very unrealistic hope, she was truly saddened at the fact Scott and the boys hadn't been able to save Gwen from the Wild Hunt. It also meant that their whole plan had been a complete disaster, not only Brooke's half.

"Phoebe? Oh, my god, you're here!" Gwen exclaimed as she turned to the sound of her name and caught sight of her sister. The two girls quickly moved to sit on the bench and hug as a Ghost Rider fired near where they'd reunited on the floor.

"Wait a second. That girl, I know that girl." Stiles mumbled, looking at Gwen. "Her name is Gwen. She plays lacrosse."

"Yeah, the pack had been trying to keep her safe ever since she saw a rider when her sister was taken." Brooklyn informed the boy. "Obviously, it hasn't worked out."

The Ghost Riders rode around the front of the large space some more, still firing upwards making people flinch and cower from them. "How long has this been going on for?" Stiles asked Peter.

The former alpha didn't answer that question and instead said something else after he turned back from studying something on the far wall. "This isn't a train station, this is a way station. It's not gonna stop."

Peter then sighed and rested his forehead against the arm of the bench. "What is it?" Brooke questioned. She then followed where her Great Uncle's eyes had been and saw the board of destinations. "What're those places? Bodie? Bannack? Canaan? Hey, I know you know something."

Once again, Peter didn't give a straight answer and opted to say, "We gotta get out of here. Nobody is safe."

"Yeah, in here?" Stiles inquired.

"In Beacon Hills. Your friends, your family, anybody you've ever known. They're gonna be taken." the former alpha stated. He got up then, keeping slightly down as he walked away from them.

"Where are you going?" Brooklyn called to him but didn't get a reply. She took a look at Stiles before they both silently agreed and took off after Peter who'd moved into the tunnel. They ran down the dark stretch and caught up with the older Hale.

"What did you see up there? The towns. What did it mean?" Stiles asked him.

"I just told you. They're never gonna stop." Peter claimed.

"Okay, so what's the plan then?" the Stilinski boy checked.

Peter glanced at the two of them. "I'm going through the portal."

"The death portal? The one the boy literally died trying to go through?" Brooklyn inquired.

"Humans die trying to go through it. He was human. I'm better than human, remember? I'll heal." the former alpha supposed. He then turned around as he heard his niece stop short as well as the Stilinski. "Brooke, Stiles, let's not have a moment."