✰ 32 ✰

☀︎ 𝓢𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓸𝔀𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 ☀︎

"Uhh, what the hell is wrong with him?" Brooke questioned as her eyes scanned the worked up man in distaste at his very sudden mood change.

"The sun went down." Lydia told her as she noticed the complete black sky outside of the window.

The Hale girl gazed at her dumbly. "So?" Her brown eyes moved back over to Elias as he began muttering incoherently.

"He's sundowning." Lydia stated as if it was common knowledge.

"Yeah, no. I don't know what that means." Brooke responded.

"It's when dementia patients lose their faculties after the sun goes down." the strawberry blonde further explained.

"I don't want to talk to you anymore!" Elias exploded, his arms flying around to point at them all.

"So what do we do?" Malia inquired.

"We wait till the sun comes back up." Lydia revealed.

Malia looked at her friend incredulously. "We can't wait that long."

"No, no, no!" the old Stilinski repeated over and over.

"There's gotta be something we can do to keep him quiet." Scott noted.

"Leave, leave, leave, leave." Elias exclaimed, looking as though he was about to burst into tears.

"I can calm him down." Malia remarked, stepping forwards. She revived two strong nos from Lydia and Scott. She stopped in her tracks.

"Elias. Look at the equations." Lydia instructed as she placed some paper covered in maths in front of the panicking man. "It's binomial probability. What's 'P'."

The Stilinski looked down at the papers and said, "Um, probability of success?"

"Right." Lydia praised. "And that means 'N' minus 'K' is?"

"Uh, number of trials minus the number of successes." Elias answered with a smile, calming down. The strawberry blonde chuckled. Scott, Brooklyn and Malia all stared at Lydia in amazement.

"What's with the math?" Malia asked as she ate more of the guy's food.

"It helps dementia patients concerntate." Lydia announced. "And this one?" she pointed Elias to another equation.

"That's, um." the wrinkled man muttered as he studied the paper. "Conditional probability." he said joyously. Brooke and Scott shared a look. Thank God for Lydia.

"Let's find the moment of inertia." the banshee voiced as she rifled through more papers. The old man stood up, holding some paper as his expression changed. "Elias." Lydia glanced up at him.

"That's Mr Stilinski." the man corrected angrily. "Just who the hell do you think you are?"

The four of their expressions dropped at his mood changed once again. Lydia looked at him calmly although Brooklyn kinda wanted to punch the guy if she was being honest. "You know Scott isn't your son?"

"Of course I know that." Elias scoffed. He began moving around the table saying, "Are brains getting smaller with the skirts?"

Brooklyn balled up her fist while Malia let out a low growl. Scott took hold of Brooke's hand and uncurled her fingers, sliding them in between his own at the same time as saying, "Malia. It's okay."

The Stilinski looked down at the True Alpha. "So you're that McCall kid."

Scott wore a confused expression. "You know me?"