✰ 51 ✰

■ 𝓕𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓑𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓭 ■

Brooklyn, Scott and Malia were all still at the shipping container site with Deucalion only now the once blind man had joined them on the floor and Brooke was set down on her own two feet.

"Unfortunately, there's one crucial difference to teaching you how to fight blind." Deucalion started.

"We're not actually blind." Brooke filled in.

"Why does that matter?" Malia questioned.

"Unless you spend the next few days walking around wearing a blindfold, all the Anuk-ite really has to do is get you to open your eyes." the once blind man said as he turned away from them and took a few steps.

"So we keep your eyes shut." Malia deadpanned.

Deucalion spun back around to them. "You think it's that easy? What happens to your eyes when your afraid?"

"They open wide." Scott answered.

"To gather more light and send more data to the brain so you can better handle whatever threat lies in front of you." the normal alpha explained further.

"I can keep my eyes closed." Malia stated determinedly.

"Well, go ahead, close them." Deucalion instructed. Malia did as told, a little cockily, and the man bent down and picked up a stone from the floor. He threw it so it went right past her ear and hit the container behind her. The werecoyote immediately opened her eyes and whipped her head around to where the stone had hit. "You're dead."

"I get it." Malia sighed, "It's gonna be a lot harder than I thought."

"But not impossible." Scott noted. "What's next?"

Deucalion pulled something out his back pocket and took the few steps towards them. "In schools for the blind, it's called 'sleep-shade training'. We'll use regular blindfolds." he handed two to Scott, "And we'll start with echolocation."

The True Alpha nodded. "Sound."

"The I'll show you how to use thermoception." the once blind man continued.

"Heat." Malia filled in confidently.

"Equilibrioception." Deucalion said.

"Balance." Brooke put in, knowing what the word equilibrium meant from past science lessons and getting the answer from that.

"And proprioception." the normal alpha finished.

Brooklyn and Malia looked at each other in total confusion, not being able to come up with any sort of answer. "Pressure." Scott revealed after he saw the girls didn't have anything. The two cousins hummed agreement, playing it off like that's what they had been thinking too but all of them knew the truth.

"Go ahead." Deucalion nodded to the blindfolds in the werewolf's and werecoyote's hands and the two of them tied them around their eyes. Brooke was staying out of this one because of her bullet wounds, yet it did annoy her because she felt like she should be doing this too. But for once, she had to put her health first. Not like that would be any good if she was dead, she thought bitterly.

"Normal humans use echolocation by creating sounds," Deucalion started to teach once the supernaturals were ready to go, "like clicking the tongue against the roof of the mouth. Since your hearing is a hundred times more powerful, you can pick up natural reflected sounds."

He then hit his cane against the side of one of the containers and the werewolf and werecoyote reacted at the noise. "I definitely heard that." Scott muttered.