✰ 13 ✰

✵ 𝓦𝓸𝔀, 𝓢𝓬𝓸𝓽𝓽 ✵

With a roar, Scott made his and Brooklyn's presence know. They were now at the Sinema where they knew Hayden was to try and keep her safe. The Dread Doctors were already there and Liam was trying to fight them off on his own but he was failing.

Scott leaped at the doctor moving towards Hayden and sent it a harsh swipe to the chest. Brooke scuttled past their opposition and over to the chimera, placing an arm out in front of her and moving them both over to the corner.

Liam picked himself up off the floor and ran for the Dread Doctor. He grabbed ahold of its arm and started sending punches to its stomach. The doctor just grabbed the werewolf arm in retaliation and sent him flying across the room to land on his butt.

The True Alpha snarled. He went at the thing again and swiped at its masked face. He then sent quite a few punches to the doctor before he too was picked up like a doll and was flipped over onto his back on the floor.

Another doctor then appeared and while Liam went to keep that one at bay, Brooke was left to defend Hayden from the other one advancing towards them. The healer twirled around and sent a kick right to the thing's metal clad head making it shuffle back a step. But other than that it was unfazed and came at them again.

In her peripheral vision, the Hale girl could see that yet another Dread Doctor had appeared and was having a go at Scott. Her chest tightened but there was nothing she could do, she had one of her own to deal with. The doctor took more steps forward so Brooke sprinted forward, grabbing hold of its shoulders and using the momentum to kick both of her feet into its chest.

Yet again, it barely went back a step. She huffed and signalled for Hayden to get further back. The Dread Doctor stepped forward again but instead of Brooke attacking it, it attacked her. It grabbed the back of her jacket, using that to swing her around and throw her out of the way.

As the healer collided with the wall luckily managing to stay on her feet she could see Theo come in and fight off the one she'd had been and Liam's one disappear. Said beta, was shouting for Hayden with desperation coating his voice.

From another room Brooklyn could hear Hayden scream and Liam dashing off to the sound. The young werewolf shouted, "No!" so loudly that there was no way whatever happened could ever be good. The Dread Doctor that the Hale had fought repeated some foreign words before letting Theo go and walking out. It was obvious they'd done what they came to do.

Brooke placed a hand to her sore head as she followed Theo and Scott into the next room over. They ran in to see Hayden leant against a pillar and Liam gently placing a hand on her back. She was fine, though. Not dead like the rest. "I'm okay. Really, I think I'm okay." she assured a worried Liam.

The beta nodded before turning to the older three teens in the room. "I saw a needle go in, and her eyes just filled up with mercury." he informed them. "They turned completely silver."

Brooklyn looked over at Hayden with a slightly parted mouth. So it wasn't all good news. But then, how was she fine?

"She looks okay." Theo commented.

"She might heal." Brooke suggested.

"Or maybe she won't." Scott countered making Liam more fretful.

"What if something's happening to her on the inside?" the beta then questioned.

"Get them to the animal clinic." Scott instructed the healer and Theo. "I'll meet you there."

The four of them loaded into Theo's car as Hayden took a turn for the worst. She leant on Liam in the back seat as she whimpered and wheezed. "Keep her awake." Theo ordered the younger werewolf, "I don't think it's a good idea for her to fall asleep."