✰ 15 ✰

➓ 𝓣𝓮𝓷 𝓣𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓓𝓸𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓻𝓼 ➓

Brooklyn followed Malia down the couple of steps onto the abandoned train track. Scott and Stiles followed behind them, although Brooke wasn't paying any attention to the former. The two hadn't breathed a word to each other since the Hale had left the animal clinic. She was only here because Scott called Malia and she'd dragged her along.

Brooke knew she was probably being more rude than necessary but she couldn't help it. He could have said anything else, literally anything else and she wouldn't have cared half as much. But what he'd said was the one thing that really hurt her. Hearing someone say it out loud just confirmed her insecurities. And because it was him it only made it worse.

Plus she was a Hale. Her family pretty much lived in a constant state of brooding.

As Scott and Malia took the lead, Brooklyn hung back with Stiles. The Hale turned to the Stilinski who was looking around the place absently. "What's wrong with Scott?" she asked. She knew something had happened to him the minute they got here since she'd been keeping her eyes brown the whole time.

"Liam tried to kill him so that he could become an alpha and bite Hayden. Well, he kind of did kill him. Melissa was there to give him CPR and brought him back cause, you know, True Alpha werewolf things. He hasn't fully healed though." Stiles told her.

Eyes widened a little, the healer glanced over at the McCall boy who was trying to talk to Malia. She felt bad. He'd gone through so much in such a short space of time. She also felt guilty. She knew the reason why he wasn't healing was because he wouldn't allow himself to. He didn't feel worthy of being healed. "Oh." was all she said.

Stiles and Brooklyn walked back over to the other two teens as Malia ducked into a gap underneath the main platform. Scott went in after her as well as the other two. They ended up in some poorly lit underground tunnels where all the walls seemed to be the same mix of beige and grey.

"I got it. I got his scent." Malia stated. They were down there to find the same chimera she and Brooke fought the night before. He was the one who had attacked Sheriff Stilinski and why the man was currently in the hospital fighting for his life. The sheriff was poisoned and they only way they could think to find a cure was to get to the chimera. And if that didn't work they were going to sneak Brooklyn into the hospital and heal him because Stiles can't lose his dad. And they couldn't lose their friend.

The other three followed her as she made her way though the tunnels on a mission. They went down many different corridors that all looked exactly the same so Brooke couldn't be sure if they were making an progress. Every few seconds she could feel a pair of familiar chocolate eyes on her. They were making sure that she was there, that she was safe.

Malia stopped to tap her fingers on some blood on a pipe. She brought her hand closer to her face and sniffed. "This is Noah's. He was here. I think he's close." she informed them all.

"Guys..." Scott called as he walked a bit further into a cross section. The other three heads turned to him. "I think we've been down tunnels like this before  when we were trying to find Liam, Hayden and Brooke."

Stiles moved closer to the boy, glancing down the corridor Scott eyes were. "Okay, so what?" he questioned.

"Maybe, it means we're closer than we think." Scott answered. "Maybe there's something else down here. Something that we haven't found yet."

"Yeah, nothing that helps my dad." Stiles commented. "Look, we can't just be standing around here waiting for something to..." he continued but was cut off when he was knocked into by someone who continued running down the corridor and was sent falling into a wall unconscious.