✰ 52 ✰

 𝓦𝓪𝓻 𝓓𝓮𝓬𝓵𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷 

Brooklyn Hale's heart thundered in her chest. Ducked down behind one of the pillars all alone with no other pack member in her sight and with the multitude of machine guns never ceasing she thought it was all over.

This was it.

She pulled her legs and arms right into her torso, trying to make herself as small as possible as bullets hit the pillar she was behind and took off small chunks from the edge. She was going to die here. They were all going to die here.

Through all the noise, chaos and catastrophe she wasn't even able to hear her name being shouted by Scott who was absolutely petrified because he couldn't find her. It was heartbreaking. Just as the Hale girl saw one of the hunters come around the side and hold his gun up in the direction she presumed was one of her friends, an all too familiar car sped in an hit the guy off his feet.

A baby blue jeep. Stiles Stilinski leant out of the driver side window. "You didn't think you were doing this without me, did you?" the boy questioned, looking in the direction the Hunter had been.

Then another familiar figure came up beside the car that had Brooklyn's heart lurching in her chest. "Without us?" Derek Hale added.

The Hale man then flicked out his claws and fangs, eyes blue as he charged at the mass of hunters. He took out a lot of them, Malia and Peter also coming over to help. Seeing their comrades going down, the rest of the hunters, including Monroe, began fleeing from the scene. They got in their big, black cars and sped off.

Brooke came out of her hiding spot and Scott's eyes instantly found hers. He had her in his arms before she knew it and the two of them were muttering 'I love yous to each other. They then knelt down either side of a weakened Deucalion as the girl tried to heal him.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me about any of this. Not a word. Not a single word." Stiles uttered to Lydia.

"We had reasons. Really good reasons." Lydia replied, a little doubtful of her own words as they also came over to where Deucalion was.

Brooklyn shook her head with slightly watery eyes as she wasn't able to help the once blind man. It was too late for him. He was as pale as a sheet staring straight forward as he reached out for Scott's hand. "Gerard..." Deucalion mumbled through his blood coated lips, "What he fears most... He can't beat you." The dying man chuckled dryly as he slowly was able to move his eyes to Scott's. "And he knows it."

With that, Deucalion's whole body relaxed and his hand slipped from atop Scott's. He was dead.

The whole McCall pack had gathered around and looked down at the man sadly. Although he had caused them so much pain and grief, he had proved to be better in the end.

"It's really started, hasn't it?" Malia murmured. Once she'd said that, Brooke broke out of her revere. She stood up and turned, throwing her arms around her father who she'd hadn't seen in what felt like forever and dearly missed. Derek hugged his daughter back, so glad to see her again even if it was under the worst possible circumstances. But then again, she had been the main reason for his return.

"What's started?" Stiles asked as he, along with most of the others watched the father daughter reunion with small smiles.

Scott stood up. "It's an all-out war." When Brooklyn finally moved away from her father, Scott brought the man in for a hug of his own, though it was much shorter.

"As much as I enjoy the impromptu family reunion," Peter begun as Derek patted Scott's back and they broke apart, "what are we doing here?"

"I found a pack slaughtered in Brazil. There were two words written in blood on a wall. 'Beacon Hills'." Derek told them.