✰ 9 ✰

☻ 𝓒𝓱𝓸𝓬𝓸𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓮 ☻

Scott and Stiles burst open the doors of the high school, Kira and Brooke at their sides as the True Alpha spoke, "What if we need some kind of trigger? Wasn't Malia driving when she remembered the crash?"

"Yeah, but how are we supposed to trigger a memory that we don't remember?" Stiles replied.

The four of them made their way down the hallways passing classmates who were normally going about their school day. Surprisingly, they'd all managed to finish reading the book. Now they were just waiting to have some violent hallucination which didn't sound all that fun to Brooklyn.

"Maybe it's a delayed thing." Scott suggested. "Maybe you have to wait a couple of hours to see what happens."

Brooke shrugged to him telling him that could be a possibility when the lights above them flickered for a few moments before going back to normal. Brooklyn, Scott and Stiles all turned to Kira with the same look plastered on their face. "That wasn't me." she raised her hands, "I swear."

"We keep an eye on each other today, okay?" Scott told them.

"Yes, and keep an eye out for eight other potentially homicidal chimeras." Stiles added.

"And keep an eye out for the Dread Doctors." Kira out in.

"Sounds easy." Brooke muttered. She then pointed down the corridor, "I'm going to go fail at science." she stated before taking a few steps in that direction.

"See you later." Scott called to her making her turn and nod at him in reply.

"Yes, don't die!" Stiles hollered to her, receiving weird looks from the people around him. "Yeah, uh." he scratched his neck awkwardly. Brooklyn chuckled before turning away.

Science. Yay.

❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃

"As you can see by the example, to some species this thing, per say, can cause horrific reactions leading to death. Yet for others, it can be a sweet treat." Mrs Clarkson droned on from the front of the classroom.

Brooklyn sat at the back, right next to the door, her eyes on the chalk board as she half listened to the woman. Her fingers drummed lightly on her desk as she slumped in her seat. Not only was Brooke bad at science, she hated it. This was basically abuse for her.

"For a human, chocolate is delicious. We enjoy it so much that we quite often can't get enough. But for a dog, having a lot of it can cause significant illness because of the toxin theobromine in it. It's rarely fatal but has killed in the past." the teacher continued.

Brooke pulled her eyes away from the front when she felt something warm trickle down her fingers. She glanced down, she wasn't quite sure exactly what she was expecting but definitely not this. Blood trickled from her fingernails, up over her knuckles and down to her wrist. Her heart raced when she felt the same warmth coming from her ear and when she lifted her hand to it, the pads of her fingers came away red.

Without a second thought, Brooklyn scrambled up from her chair and rushed from the room. She heard her name being called but she didn't care as she sprinted down to the nearest bathroom.

She flung open the door, her chocolate eyes scanning the stalls which were thankfully empty. A shiver ran down Brooke's spine as she began to feel the hot liquid running from her mouth now as well. She quickly made her way to one of the sinks and turned the faucet to go as hot as it could.

The Hale girl scrubbed ruthlessly at her hands, the boiling water burned her but she didn't give it a second thought. She had to get rid of the blood. Once she got the majority off and her hands were slightly pink and tender, she grabbed some paper towels from the dispenser and turned to the mirror.