✰ 26 ✰

↖︎ 𝓐 𝓟𝓲𝓴𝓮 ↖︎

With an arm around her waist, Scott led Brooklyn into his bedroom that same evening. With their efforts to try and find Mason being useless they'd all decided to pack it in for the night to recharge and hopefully come up with an idea for how they were going to try and find him tomorrow.

Brooke sat down on the boys's bed as he went to his wardrobe to grab another T-shirt that wasn't covered in blood. The girl took of her shoes and neatly placed them by the foot of the bed as Scott made his way back over. He sat down in front of the girl sighing, "We gotta find them."

"I know but there's nothing we can do right now." Brooklyn replied. "Out of every ability he could have, Corey just had to be able to turn invisible, didn't he?" she huffed.

Scott let out a hum of agreement. He began pushing the different note pads and highlighters off of his bed when he caught hold of a brown envelope. He stared at it sadly for a couple seconds making Brooke ask, "What is it?"

"Scholarship application." the McCall boy muttered. "I missed the due date." He brought a hand up to his forehead and rubbed it harshly.

"Hey." the healer called. She moved closer to him and took ahold of his wrist. She moved the hand from his head and placed a kiss on his cheek. "We'll figure it out. Right now, we're gonna sleep and forget about everything for a while. Okay?"

The McCall boy gave her a soft smile. He brought her closer to himself and gave her a sweet kiss on the lips. "Okay." he told her.

He moved over to the other side of the bed and pulled back the covers. The two of them slid underneath and instantly moved closer to each other. Scott hugged Brooklyn from behind and rested his face in her hair. Brooke switched off the lamp before nestling her head back on the boy's chest.

"Goodnight, Brooke." Scott whispered.

The girl smiled despite that he couldn't see it. "Goodnight, Scott."

They both relaxed, feeling nothing but safe in each other's warmth. And even though they had so much to worry about and so much to do. They slept peacefully that night. All the needed was each other.

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

When Brooklyn awoke the next morning she felt colder. Arms were no longer around her and her head rested on a propped up pillow. The other side of the bed only slightly lingered with remaining warmth meaning that Scott had gotten up some time ago and carefully left her to continue to get some much needed sleep.

The girl quickly put her shoes back on and fixed her tangled hair before making her way downstairs. She could hear voices coming from the kitchen so she headed in that direction.

"My dad's got an APB out" she heard Stiles say.

"For a five-foot-eight sixteen year old?" Kira remarked.

"I recommended nine-foot tall rampaging werewolf." the Stilinski responded.

"It still might not be him." Liam put out there. "But, Hayden's at the school looking."

"I can keep checking the woods." Malia suggested.

"My mom can check all the hospitals in the country. We can find him." Scott added.

"What happens then?" Liam questioned.

"We figure out a way to save him." the Alpha told his beta.