✰ 49 ✰

₃ 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓼 ₃

Stood in front of the kitchen table in the McCall house with Melissa, Argent, Lydia, Mason and Malia, Brooklyn watched as the hunter unrolled a map they'd taken from Gerard's armoury. Her chocolate eyes scanned over the off-white paper having the continents of the world inked onto it in beige with a few large red dots scattered across them.

"They're Nemetons." Argent declared talking about the circles of red.

"What does Gerard want with them?" Melissa questioned.

"If they're like the one here, then they're beacons for supernaturals." Mason commented.

"And if you wanted to kill all the supernatural creatures of the world, like Gerard, those are where you'd start." Brooke stated.

"Gerard isn't going to stop with Beacon Hills, is he?" Melissa inquired, catching onto what the young Hale was getting at.

Argent shook his head. "He wants the whole world."

The back door suddenly opened with a bang making the six of their heads whip around to it. Agent McCall stood a little into the room as he shut the door behind himself. "Where's Scott?" he asked.

"Upstairs. Why?" Melissa sighed.

"He can't leave. No one can." Raphael told them.

"Nice to see that you changed your mind, but I'm afraid to ask why." the nurse responded, a slight undertone of annoyance in her voice.

"It's Gerard's weapons." Agent McCall conferred.

"Dad?" Scott said as he came into the kitchen.

"The guns, they've all been distributed legally to the citizens of Beacon Hills. All of them, and at no charge." the elder McCall man continued.

Scott stepped closer to the table and his father. "What, he just gave them away?"

"No." Argent denied, "He's arming his army."

It was quiet for a beat, deafeningly quiet, as they all thought about the information they'd just received. But they were all pulled from their thoughts as the window opposite them all shattered and Lydia screamed, "Get down!"

The strawberry blonde pulled Mason to the floor with her as she ducked down behind the kitchen the kitchen table as fast as she could. The others all did the same after her warning, just as two arrows came flying through the window and stuck deep into the wall behind their heads.

Falling to the floor, the pack grabbed onto whoever they could to try and keep each other safe. Glass rained down on them as the cabinets along the wall broke because of the bullets now raining in from the window. Red laser beams also came through the smashed glass and aimed at whoever they could reach. The chaos caused so much noise that no one could hear the screams that sounded or the names that were called in desperation.

When the firing finally stopped, all that could be heard was the sound of breathing. As they all turned to check on each other without a moment to recollect themselves, eyes widened in terror. Scott stared down at the large spool of blood that headed its way towards him in distress. His mother lying on the floor helplessly raised a shaky, red coated hand as a few teardrops escaped the corner of her eye. She'd been shot.

The McCall boy didn't think that it could get any worse as his teary, chocolate eyes stared down at the fragile figure of his pained mother. Until it did. The low, wobbly voice of Malia calling out his name made the boy's eyes tear away and look over to her. The werecoyote was fine, no injury that wouldn't be fully healed in a couple of hours lay on her body but her cousin that she held in her arms, partially in her lap, was a completely different story.