✰ 11 ✰

✹ 𝓢𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓵𝔂 𝓔𝓵𝓮𝓬𝓽𝓻𝓸𝓬𝓾𝓽𝓮𝓭 ✹

Heavy breathing, clicking and whirring were all Brooklyn could hear as she came to. Her head was a fuzzy mess and her vision was slightly blurry as she cracked open her eyes.

Wait. Heavy breathing, clicking and whirring. No. Please, no. Please don't be the-

Dread Doctors.

Brooke could barely make out the masked men stood on the other side of the room but they were hardly mistakable. Their unique vocals seemed to over lap and speak gibberish as the Hale girl tried so hard to make out what they were saying. And who they were talking to.

She could just about see the silhouette of a muscled boy stood opposite to the doctors. Brooklyn squinted her eyes, putting all her attention on finding out the boy's identity. Her breath hitched for a second as her vision cleared slightly and she made the boy out to be Theo. What? But then again, she'd probably mistake a square for a circle right her head was that bad.

The boy then left. The Dread Doctors turned to see that Brooke was awake but they payed her no attention. Instead, one of them walked over to a glass tank that held a purple liquid not that far away from the Hale. They turned a dial and attached a wire causing another wave of dizziness to wash over Brooke.

The girl groaned, resting her head back against the wall she was sat up against. The three doctors that were there left after that as well. They opened a door on the opposite wall and made their way through to another room. Brooke wanted to call out to them, ask them why in the hell she was here and what they planned to do but she couldn't. Her body felt so sluggish and heavy, even her lips.

Brooklyn's attention moved away from the closed door they walked through and to what she could see of the room in her haze. Several large glass containers and tanks filled the space, all each a different colour. It wasn't a very nice place, it was dark and dirty.

There was only a few tinted yellow lights to aluminate the room and some of them didn't even work properly. The walls were covered in duck egg coloured tiles and the floor was probably meant to be white. However, it was a sort of greenish-yellow colour with all the mud that had been trekked in there as well as the various liquids spilling out from abandoned jars.

An operating table was placed in the centre of the room which could only mean one thing: this was the Dread Doctor's den. This is where they'd bring all the chimeras while they worked on them like little pet projects. The one thing Brooklyn couldn't understand was why she was here. She was already supernatural, they couldn't change her any further.

How did she even get here in the first place? The last thing she remembered was keeping look out at the school and then- her father. The sleek black camero running her over and his uncaring smirk. But it wasn't actually him. The Dread Doctors probably made her hallucinate and black out so they could drag her here.

And if she was here what about the others? Did they manage to fight off the Dread Doctors? Or did they fail? Was Hayden safe? Was she alive? Was Scott? Brooklyn couldn't help but panic.

Another wave washed over her making her slump more. As she did so, her arm moved a little and a short sting pained her. Brooke moved her head slowly to the side and peered down at her right arm. It was completely normal except a large needle protruded out from the inside of her elbow where a purple liquid was being pumped in.