✰ 47 ✰

⚀ 𝓞𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓟𝓵𝓪𝓷 ⚀

The next day, the tires of Brooklyn's car screeched along the road as she speedily made a turn and continued racing down the streets well over the speed limit. But she didn't care. If what she thought was happening was actually happening, nothing else was nearly as important as getting to her destination as fast as possible. Her chocolate eyes scanned her blurring surroundings relentlessly as she drove and her hands steered skilfully as she thought back to what had caused her to even be there right now.

Brooklyn had been pacing the width of her apartment robotically. Every step she took, each trod slowly wearing away the soft carpet underfoot as she'd become more and more worked up. Her hands were firmly planted in her black locks, tugging at the roots in frustration when a pen dropped to the floor behind her. In the silence of the room it had been startlingly loud and had caused the Hale girl to abruptly stop.

She's turned around cautiously, surveying her flat for any sign of an intruder. When she'd found none she had huffed and thought that the pen could have simply rolled of as she'd whipped around to walk back the other way. What she hadn't been expecting was after picking the pen up from the ground so she didn't trip over it was to see a slip of paper with letters sprawled across it on her kitchen counter.

It read: Animal Clinic, now.

Brooke had stared wide eyed at the note and recognised the precise but boyish handwriting of Corey. The one who also had the ability to turn himself invisible. The girl hadn't wasted a single second and after grabbing her car keys and locking up had started driving to the stated place.

Which is how she now found herself clambering out of her car hastily in the car park of the animal clinic. She flung open the glass door hearing the little bell jingle above her which signified her arrival. Almost instantaneously a slightly shy but all too familiar figure came out from the back room and gave the girl a small smile. All Brooke could do was stand there for a beat before she was dashing over to her boyfriend and throwing her arms around him.

Scott cradled the girl in his arms as he returned the gesture. He'd missed the feeling even if it had only, barely been a whole day. Brooklyn pulled back and shook her head in confusion, unable to get any words out. When she finally got a hold of herself again she smacked Scott across the chest and even though it hardly hurt the True Alpha he stumbled back a bit. She pointed her finger at him, "Y-You're not meant to be here. You should've left."

"We all should've." Malia's voice rung out from the back room causing Brooke to look into it and see the whole pack crowded around, even Mason in the arms of Corey.

Brooke looked between all her friends and back to Scott with a perplexed look. "I-What?" she just about mumbled out. She was so confused at this point. Were they leaving after this? Was this the proper goodbye? Were they staying? Would they risk their lives like that?

Scott smirked at his girlfriend and his next words gave the answers to all her questions. "You didn't really think we were going to run?"

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

Brooklyn shut the boot of Lydia's car after putting in the final blanket and got into the passenger seat. Once she had her seatbelt on, Mason set the GPS to Hill Valley Zoo and followed the directions. Brooke watched out of the wing mirror as seconds after they pulled out of the school car park another car did so also.

Five minutes later on a straight stretch of road the two of them received an incoming call from Liam and Mason accepted on the car's hands-free system. "Did it work?" the beta's voice immediately came through the speakers.