✰ 45 ✰

☽ 𝓜𝓲𝓭𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 ☽

The next day, Brooklyn stood with the Sheriff, Scott, Lydia, Liam, Malia and the girl from last night who she now knew was called Quinn in the Sheriff's office of the police station. "I'm not letting them out." the Stilinski announced as he dropped the file down onto his desk. "We've got two bodies covered in slash marks. They confessed to killing two people."

'They' were two young werewolves called Jiang and Tierney who had been caught last night near the sight where the two mutilated bodies had been found.

"Hunters." Scott told him.

"People, Scott." the Sheriff asserted. "Self-defence or not they're still here, the other guys are dead. And there's a process I have to follow."

"Yeah, but you know what's happening around here. It's not safe for them." Scott argued softly.

"This may actually be the safest place for them in Beacon Hills. At least I can protect them here." the Stilinski man acknowledged.

"Would Stiles think that?" Lydia questioned.

"Especially if one of your deputies is working for Gerard?" Malia added.

"I'm not buying that." the Sheriff conferred, "I know these deputies like the back of my hand. I know their families, their kids, their brothers and sisters. I know who they are and I trust them."

"You know who they were. There's something out there. Everyone afraid. And it's getting worse." Liam replied.

"You can't protect two werewolves from hunters if they're already on the inside." Brooklyn stated.

The Sheriff looked between them all with a sigh before he gazed over at the silent girl sat in the corner. "It's Quinn, right?" Everyone turned around to look at her as she raised her head and nodded. "You're sure it was a deputy who shot you? Absolutely, one-hundred percent sure?"

Quinn nodded again. "I saw flashing lights. A police car. I... I saw a badge, a gun, and then they shot me. They shot me in the head and that's all that I remember."

The Sheriff let his head hang down for a couple seconds before he straightened up and breathed deeply. "There are a couple holes in her story."

"Maybe because there's a hole in her head." Lydia quipped. Malia chuckled loudly as she said that which made Brooklyn laugh a little too.

As the werecoyote realised the looks she was getting she said, "I'm sorry."

Scott shook his head slightly and turned back to the Stilinski. "Sheriff, we need to get Jiang and Tierney out of here before anyone realises that they're here."

"And take them where?" the Sheirff questioned. "I can't let them go."

"But if you keep them here they're..." Lydia began.

"Look," the Stilinski cut her off, "if there's a problem..." he tried to say before he then cut himself off as an abnormally large amount of light flooded in through the windows. The pack didn't even need to look out of the panes of glass to know what was going on. Monroe and her followers were outside.

The Sheriff rushed out from his office and into the main room while the rest of the pack hung in the doorway. "Get away from the windows. Put those guns away." he ordered his deputies.

"I'm guessing you know who's out there." Parrish said to his boss.

"I got a pretty good idea." the Sheriff replied.

"They'll be armed to the teeth." the Hellhound noted.

The Stilinski placed his gun down on a nearby desk. "Which is why I won't be."