✰ 22 ✰

✩ 𝓗𝓮𝓻𝓸 𝓢𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓮𝓼 ✩

Brooklyn was still down in the unpleasant tunnels with Stiles and Theo only now, they knew where they were headed. The Hale and the Stilinski followed after the chimera as they raced to get to Lydia in time. All of their feet thudded on the concrete ground together and the sound echoed through the hollow space.

They ignored any aches or pains they had as they pushed their bodies more to go further, faster. For Brooklyn, it was exactly like her fast day back in Beacon Hills where she was sprinting as fast as she possibly could. Only this time, she wasn't trying to save her own life, she was trying to save her friend's.

Theo led them down many different tunnels twisting and turning until they came across two large metal doors. Knowing that Lydia was inside, the blue eyed boy began to throw his weight against the cold metal while the whisky eyed boy shouted the strawberry blonde's name.

"What the hell are you doing? Get the door open." Stiles demanded.

"I'm trying." Theo shot back.

Brooklyn helped the boy, throwing her own body against the door in a desperate attempt to get to Lydia. She was sure it was going to leave a bruise but she didn't care. However, they had to stop and cover their ears as an almighty scream came from the banshee inside that reverberated through the walls.

Once she quietened down, Theo tried the handle which broke off in his hand. Stiles quickly pushed past the boy, shoving open the now unlocked doors to Lydia. The room she was being kept in must've been another one of the Dread Doctors' dens with the way it was decorated and all the equipment that lay inside. Valack's body was slumped on the floor with half of his head missing. The healer guessed the banshee's scream did that.

Brooke stood back and watched as Stiles rushed right up to the Martin girl's side and unattached the wires from her temples. She allowed the two to have their moment after all, she'd be lying if she said she didn't want the two together. Especially after having seen how worked up Stiles was the whole time.

"You came back." Lydia whispered in awe to the boy beside her.

Stiles nodded, "We're getting you out of here, okay?"

"You can't. It's too dangerous." Lydia mumbled.

"Lydia," Stiles replied, "please shut up and let me save your life." The strawberry blonde smiled, giving him a small nod.

Stiles lifted the girl from the operating chair and wrapped one of her arms over his shoulders. Brooke came over then too, pulling Lydia's other arm across her back to help her get out of there. The only problem was, when Brooklyn touched her, her eyes glowed and Lydia let out another ear piercing scream. The Hale girl stumbled away from her, hands clutching her bloodied ears.

Lydia gave her friend a sorry look which had Brooke telling her, "It's alright." The black haired girl then turned to the boy, "Stiles, you're gonna have to help her by yourself."

The Stilinski nodded and tightened his grip on the girl he was trying to save. The two of them wobbled a little but where able to make their way out and into the tunnels to escape with Brooklyn walking beside them. They left Theo behind, no longer needing or wanting his presence.

They'd gotten pretty far before Lydia was unable to keep her body upright. Her swaying side to side was causing Stiles to do the same thing making it very hard to walk. "Okay. You gotta try and stay on your feet." Stiles commanded gently. "The plan didn't work out too well. So I'm gonna need your help, okay?"

"You had a plan?" Lydia asked in between groans. It was obvious that the hole in her head was causing her immense pain and the overload of her abilities that came with it.