✰ 28 ✰

❤︎ 𝓛𝓸𝓽𝓽𝓪 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮 ❤︎

Brooklyn remained in the animal clinic with Scott, Stiles, Liam and Deaton. The four of them had cleaned up the space and put everything back where it belongs as well as collect the Dread Doctor's mask from outside. The five of them now stood around the examining table as Scott flicked through Mason's medical file. "Maybe there's something in here. Something about how he was a genetic chimera." the True Alpha suggested.

"Mason had a vanishing twin." Deaton informed.

"Now we've got a vanishing Mason." Stiles quipped.

"What does that have to do with him turning into a two hundred and fifty year old French guy? How does that even happen." Liam asked.

"Hold on," Deaton said to him and then pointed at the McCall boy, "Scott might have something." Scott looked up. "Mason's twin wasn't entirely gone. That's what made him a genetic chimera."

"The DNA was still there." Scott figured.

"Metaphorically speaking, the DNA of Mason could still be inside Sebastien as well." Deaton announced.

Brooke squinted her eyes in confusion. "How?"

"Life is energy. Energy doesn't just disappear." Deaton explained, "The Dread Doctors may have found a way to break the rules of the supernatural world but there are some rules that simply won't break."

"So Mason can't just be gone?" Liam checked.

"Somewhere in Sebastien he has to still exist in some form." the veterinarian affirmed. "A spark of energy, a flicker of memory."

"Hang on..." Stiles muttered as he picked up the dead doctor's mask absently, "Liam, you said Mason said something right before he turned."

"He said, 'That's not my name.'." Liam recalled.

"He finally remembered his name." Brooke stated.

"Damnatio Memoriae." Stiles breathed.

"That's what they wanted. They wanted Sebastien to remember his name." Liam deciphered.

"Scott, you know the myth of what happens when you call a werewolf by its given name?" Deaton inquired.

"It turns back to human." Scott verified.

"What does that mean? Someone can just walk up to the Beast, yell Mason's name and turn him back?" Liam quizzed.

"Not someone..." Scott trailed.

"Lydia." Stiles finished.

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

Brooklyn breathed through her mouth as she once again stood in the underground tunnel complex. After the police station was attacked by the Beast with Lydia inside, Scott, Liam and Stiles had rushed to the hospital while Brooke made a few calls to check on Malia. Who didn't answer. The Hale girl had them received a call from her boyfriend telling her to meet them down there where they planned to stop the Beast and save Mason.

The black haired girl let out a sigh of relief once she saw Liam, Scott and Lydia round the corner. She didn't know how much longer she could last down in the creepy tunnels alone. Brooklyn immediately rushed to her strawberry blond friend and placed her hands on the other girl's shoulders. Her eyes glowed purple as she watched the wound on the girl's neck heal.

"Thank you." Lydia smiled. She instantly felt so much relief as the inflammation went down and she could finally talk again without pain. Brooklyn smiled back at her.