✰ 38 ✰

◎ 𝓗𝓲𝓼 𝓟𝓪𝓬𝓴 ◎

Brooklyn followed Lydia down the halls of Beacon Hills High School that very same evening as the banshee moved like she was on a mission. The two girls could no longer hear the sounds of fighting coming from the library that was now a good way behind them. They walked at a quick pace, Lydia not slowing for a second as she was directed in a path that came naturally to her.

Brooke reached into her back pocket and her hand clasped around the gun the Sheriff had given to her in the Wild Hunt. She was thankful that the Ghost Riders hadn't taken the weapon from her when they'd dragged her off since she needed the extra level of security it gave her strolling through the hallways which nothing good ever really happened in at night.

Lydia halted for a second making Brooke do the same before she ended up stumbling right into the strawberry blonde's back. The banshee looked around for mere moments before she was shoving open the door of the boys locker room. The very second she saw what was going on inside, she had her hands raised as a powerful scream tore from her throat. As the sound hit him, the Ghost Rider holding his gun to Stiles' head was thrown of his feet and knocked into some locker which dented.

Brooklyn didn't even have time to cover her ears as the events unfolded in front of her but she could tell that the rider was knocked out cold from the banshee's scream without having to go any closer to him. Lydia ran straight up to Stiles, her breaths coming out in pants as she said, "I didn't say it back."

"You don't have to." Stiles stated before closing the gap between them and grabbing her in a firm kiss. Brooke's eyes widened, a humongous smile overtaking her face as she watched two of her best friends finally come together. She turned away to give them some privacy but couldn't help but want to watch the two of them forever. They were perfect for one another, she just couldn't believe it had taken them so long to work it out.

She turned back to the two when a throat was cleared. She cheekily smiled at them breathing out, "Finally." making their cheeks heat up. She moved forward and pulled Stiles into a hug only to whisper in his ear, "Well done." The boy only nodded when they pulled away but a happy smile rested on his lips.

"We gotta go." Stiles broke the happy atmosphere and pulled them back into the reality of the situation. The two girls nodded, the three of them sparing a final glanced at the unconscious Ghost Rider before fleeing from the room. The ran down the halls, Stiles and Lydia hand in hand, as they got to the exit as fast as they could. The Stilinski boy telling them on the way about the riders outside and how they needed to divert the train.

Just as they reached the door, a single voice made them halt. "Stiles." Claudia called. "Stiles? Is that you?" Brooklyn couldn't lie, she'd forgotten all about the woman with what had happened, even not having remembered her while she was stuck in the Wild Hunt all that time. All their heads turned in the direction where the Stilinski mother's voice came from down the halls but Stiles wore a confused expression.

"Mom?" the boy muttered.

"Stiles that's not your mom." Lydia informed him. As Stiles began taking slow steps down the hall, the strawberry blonde quickly turned to Brooklyn and instructed, "You go on ahead, we'll be right behind you."

The Hale girl looked between her, Stiles and the end of the hallway hesitantly. "You sure?"

"Yes. Go, find Scott." Lydia told her. Brooklyn nodded, glancing at them a final time before shoving open the exit doors. She was instantly met by the ongoing storm but she ignored it and ran across the school grounds in search of her boyfriend. When she came across train tracks in the middle of a path where there definitely shouldn't of been train tracks, she knew she was headed in the right direction and followed along the line until she could make out voices in the distance.