12. Unexpected

Hello my amazing reader! Sorry for my irregular updating schedule 😅 I'm really busy these days. Anyways, enjoy!

12. Unexpected

When I leave the meeting room, Carlos takes me back to where I was originally supposed to be— my room.

While we go, I tell Carlos about what I did.

“Brilliant plan,” Carlos mutters quietly “So, what now?”

“Honestly, I never thought I’d make it this far,” I mutter back

“What?” he gives me an alarmed look “So you just decided to move out without knowing what you actually intend to do?”

My mind goes back to the plan I thought of when I was in the meeting room. But… all of that feels so far away, so unreal

“I wont need a plan if I end up dead.” I say quietly

We stop in front of my room— well, Luke’s room. Mine is inside it.

“Elise, listen to me,” Carlos says, putting his hands on my shoulders “If anyone is capable of pulling this off, its you.”

I roll my eyes “Really?”

“Yes, really.” He grins at me “You’re the only werewolf who can blackmail her Alpha, Luna and Alpha-to-be to do what you want to. You’re the only omega who can look a higher rank in the eye. You’re the only one who’s reckless enough to sneak into the Crescent moon ball. You can do this, I know you can.”

Tears brim in my eyes and I sniffle, offering him a wobbly smile.

“You amazing moron!” I throw my arms around his neck “You’re the best buddy I could ever ask for!”

Carlos laughs as he hugs me back “Elise, are you crying?”

“I’m not crying!” I defend myself “My eyes are sweating!”

I pull away and wipe my eye-sweat before giving him the classic Elise-got-this smile.

Carlos leaves me in my room. Now that the ceremony is over, everyone has to go back to Minneapolis.

I sigh in relief as I step into the shower, washing off the dirt from yesterday.

What the hell am I going to tell mom?

I leave my wet hair hanging as I change into a comfy sweater and shorts. I really hope mom wouldn’t kill me for doing this.

But… after all these years, we’re going to be free. We can work for our own selves and we can keep our dignity.

I look out of my window, at the bright blue sky, at the birds chirping as they fly through the air. So alive. So free.

All over this world, in every pack, omegas are harassed, degraded and hell, even abused! Why? Because we can’t alter our blood lines? Because we can’t be ‘good enough’?

My hands close into fists.

If only I could change that. If only I could convey this message to all those omegas that they matter. Even if they aren’t as authorative as an Alpha, as composed as a beta, as strong the warriors, they still matter.

A knock on the door snaps me out of my thoughts.

A moment later, Luke enters, a file in his hand.

“Here,” he says, holding it out for me “Your contract.”

In a dream, in a daze, I take the document that will ensure my freedom.