46.5 Wait for me

Hello my lovely readers! This is the first rewrite chapter! Not really a rewrite though, more like a bonus chapter!
Anyways, this probably has more fluff than the whole book combined, I hope u don't mind that!

46.5 Wait for me

✧ Luke ✧

I held up the piece of paper, running my eyes over the words.

Satisfied with how it turned out, I folded it and put it in an envelope, tossing the envelope over a stack of others.

The lights lit up the office brightly even though it was pitch black outside.

I picked up my pen again, going down to write another letter to one of the Alphas who hadn't participated in the Hunt.

I figured it'll be best if I just write them personally,  keeping in mind the temperament of everyone I was writing to to accommodate packs.

Another one goes by, then another.

After putting yet another letter in an envelope, I lean back in my chair, rubbing my eyes. My eyes stay closed even when my hand falls away.

Just a few more. Then maybe I can review that ceremony details folder. Then a quick glance at the New York HQ location...

Slowly, darkness closes in on my conscious, the silence of the office encouraging the natural shut down of my body.

I was walking through a hallway, looking around I saw blurry portraits hanging from the walls. It was dark, the single gas lamp on the wall made a yellowish glow.

The sound of my shoes on the marble floor echoed in the silence as I walked forward. Though I was moving, the lamp and the portraits remained in the same place, as if moving with me.

That's when I caught it.

An intoxicating scent that made the beast howl, rattle the chains of restraint I had on him, struggling to come out and find the source.

For the first time in my life, I found myself in agreement with this animal, quickening my steps to find the source of this divine scent.

At the end of the hallway, I catch sight of someone's golden brown hair. She sees me coming, wide hazel eyes meet mine and my heart beats harder in my chest.

A gasp reaches me, then she turns around and the sound of fast footsteps echoes as she starts running.

"Hey! Wait!"  I call after her, my own feet starting forward

The hallway starts winding, curling and spiraling. Yet no matter how fast I run, I can't see her. My heart is beating harder for a different reason.

I can still hear her footsteps, running from me. Her name comes to me in a flash, recognition fills my mind.

"Hazel!" I call, desperation taints my voice "Elise, wait!"

"Elise!" I call out again, but it comes out wrong, like the snarl of an animal

My next step hinders. The clinking of chains reaches me. My head snaps down to the shackles on my feet. I try to reach for them but my hands stop, heavy manacles weight them down.